- 08/13/2020 - The Griffon Vulture colony in the Eastern Alps is increasing and occupying new areas
- 08/12/2020 - Research review: Study shows that painting a single wind turbine blade black reduces bird collision
- 08/11/2020 - 'Mama drone' helps feed Griffon Vulture chick in Israel to rescue it
- 08/10/2020 - Vulture Conservation Foundation's statement on 'repatriation' of the Bearded Vulture in the UK
- 08/10/2020 - Taller Cría en Cautividad de Quebrantahuesos en Andalucía
- 08/09/2020 - Portuguese Cinereous Vulture equipped with GPS tag in the nest
- 08/07/2020 - Report on wildlife poisoning in Spain between 1992-2017
- 08/05/2020 - Rehabilitated captive-bred Bearded Vulture marks the last release for 2020
- 08/04/2020 - Four new Egyptian Vulture territories occupied in the Balkans
- 08/02/2020 - Bearded Vulture pair bonding: choosing the right partner for a selective species
- 07/30/2020 - Evolution of the vulture populations in Sardinia
- 07/29/2020 - Research review: Nocturnal flights by Bearded Vultures detected for the first-time using GPS and accelerometer data
- 07/28/2020 - A morning with Griffons: GPS tagging vultures in the Côa Valley for nature conservation
- 07/27/2020 - First successful nesting of Bearded Vulture in Piedmont since the beginning of the Alpine reintroduction project
- 07/26/2020 - Monograph: The Bearded Vulture in Spain - Breeding population in 2018 and census method
- 07/24/2020 - First-ever Cinereous Vulture nestlings equipped with GPS tags in the Douro
- 07/23/2020 - Bearded Vulture European Endangered Species Programme (EEP) Annual Report 2019
- 07/22/2020 - Illegal wildlife poisoning case reaches court trial in Croatia for the first time
- 07/21/2020 - Second-ever Egyptian Vulture hatched and fledged in Sardinia
- 07/20/2020 - Our Research Officer's take on the Bearded Vulture in the Peak District, UK
- 07/19/2020 - Research reveals that Andean condors flap wings just 1% of the time
- 07/18/2020 - Egyptian Vulture Fangueiro gets new feathers to be able to fly again in the wild
- 07/17/2020 - More electric poles insulated in the Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria to protect vultures
- 07/16/2020 - Genetic analysis reveals the origin of a wandering Bearded Vulture that was rescued, rehabilitated and released in France
- 07/15/2020 - Second record of Bearded Vulture in the UK — why did it travel to the UK, where did it come from and will it return home?
- 07/14/2020 - Participate in the annual Alpine Griffon Vulture count on 22 August 2020
- 07/13/2020 - The final Bearded Vulture release in Andalusia for 2020
- 07/12/2020 - Egyptian Vulture baby hatched in a nest built on a transmission tower — first record in Spain and Europe
- 07/11/2020 - Update on the Bearded Vultures recently released in France
- 07/10/2020 - Fifteen Griffon Vultures found dead in a well in Morocco
- 07/09/2020 - French farmers ask for the removal of vulture eggs from nests due to incidents with cattle – but this is not the solution for an inflated problem!
- 07/08/2020 - Egyptian Vultures in Italy — upcoming releases and movements of released birds
- 07/07/2020 - Ecosystem service provision – what do vultures do for us and the environment?
- 07/06/2020 - From the Grands Causses to the French Pyrenees — the travels of Bearded Vulture Cévennes
- 07/05/2020 - First Griffon Vulture equipped with GPS tag in Mallorca to study the natural colonisation of the species
- 07/04/2020 - A win-win collaboration between livestock breeders and vultures in Kompsatos valley (Greece)
- 07/03/2020 - Vulture Research Update: November 2019 - June 2020
- 07/02/2020 - The Cinereous Vulture Riga has once again travelled to Austria
- 07/01/2020 - Surveying for poison bait use in Albania
- 06/30/2020 - Egyptian Vulture family found dead in the Eastern Rhodopes Mountain in Bulgaria
- 06/29/2020 - Last transportation of Cinereous Vultures from Spain to France for the reintroduction of the species
- 06/28/2020 - How GPS technology is key to securing the future of vultures
- 06/27/2020 - Second observation of a Bearded Vulture in the UK
- 06/26/2020 - Fifteen Cinereous Vultures travel from Extremadura to Bulgaria to be reintroduced
- 06/25/2020 - International Observation Days 2019: The Bearded Vulture population estimates across several European regions
- 06/24/2020 - More Egyptian Vultures poisoned to death in the Canary Islands than previously thought
- 06/23/2020 - Conservation status of Griffon Vultures in Armenia
- 06/21/2020 - Record number of Cinereous Vultures photographed at a LIFE Rupis feeding station in the Douro (Portugal)
- 06/20/2020 - Another young Bearded Vulture released at Parque Natural de Cazorla in Andalusia as part of the reintroduction project
- 06/19/2020 - Poaching in northwestern Italy: Griffon Vulture shot and left in critical condition
- 06/18/2020 - Reintroduced Bearded Vulture Cintu wandered away from Corsica for a brief trip!
- 06/17/2020 - The latest movements of captive-bred and wild-hatched Bearded Vultures across seven important European regions
- 06/16/2020 - Closer to reintroducing Bearded Vultures to the Grands Causses with the latest release of four birds
- 06/15/2020 - Two young Bearded Vultures released in Switzerland as part of the Alpine reintroduction project
- 06/14/2020 - Three active Griffon Vulture nests confirmed in Cyprus
- 06/13/2020 - Newest Bearded Vulture reintroduction project in Tinença de Benifassà (Maestrazgo) released two more young birds
- 06/12/2020 - Status, conservation and captive breeding of Bearded Vultures in Southern Africa
- 06/11/2020 - Two more Cinereous Vultures released at Vrasachi Balkan in Bulgaria
- 06/10/2020 - Ninth record of a Bearded Vulture in Portugal in the last 100 years
- 06/09/2020 - French Egyptian Vulture Buoux returns to the wild after almost a year in recovery
- 06/08/2020 - Tackling illegal wildlife poisoning to preserve the remaining Griffon Vulture population in Greece
- 06/07/2020 - Three additional Bearded Vultures released at Parque Natural de Cazorla in Andalusia!
- 06/05/2020 - How do vultures contribute to our environment?
- 06/04/2020 - A Bearded Vulture cycling jersey combines conservation and sustainability!
- 06/04/2020 - Two young captive-bred Bearded Vultures released in the Parc Naturel Régional du Vercors in the French pre-Alps
- 06/03/2020 - Watch how Cinereous Vultures utilize surrounding landscape for energy efficient soaring flight
- 06/02/2020 - Cinereous Vultures are breeding again in the Iberian System after more than half a century since their extinction
- 06/01/2020 - How are Egyptian Vultures perceived?
- 05/31/2020 - Many chicks hatched this year again in Bulgaria's only indigenous Griffon Vulture population
- 05/30/2020 - Electrocuted in Turkey: Vultures and other soaring birds under threat
- 05/29/2020 - Two captive-bred Bearded Vultures from Austrian and Czech zoos released in Baronnies
- 05/28/2020 - Poacher shot and killed reintroduced Cinereous Vulture Ultron in Bulgaria
- 05/27/2020 - Sign the petition and help us #StopTheKillings of vultures in Africa
- 05/26/2020 - The only remaining Cinereous Vulture breeding colony in the Balkans
- 05/25/2020 - Watch: Guadalentín — the centre that breeds the most Bearded Vultures
- 05/23/2020 - The reintroduced Cinereous Vulture Sliven met a tragic end in Kharkiv, Ukraine
- 05/22/2020 - Watch two newly hatched Egyptian Vulture siblings in the wild in Israel
- 05/21/2020 - Introducing a schematic sampling protocol for raptor biomonitoring to harmonize procedures across Europe
- 05/20/2020 - Bearded Vulture vagrancy: leaving the mountains to explore the North of France
- 05/19/2020 - The first Cinereous Vultures releases at Vrachanski Balkan Nature Park in Bulgaria
- 05/18/2020 - Will Egyptian Vultures breed in Sardinia again?
- 05/15/2020 - How many Bearded Vultures hatched this breeding season in captivity?
- 05/14/2020 - Watch: Griffon Vulture dad feeding his one-month-old chick at the Green Balkans' Centre
- 05/13/2020 - Food shortage will not be a problem this summer for our Bearded Vulture breeding centres
- 05/11/2020 - Research review: New study estimates the Bearded Vulture population in the Pyrenees at around 1,000 individuals
- 05/10/2020 - Two Bearded Vulture siblings kick off the 2020 release season in Andalusia
- 05/09/2020 - Over 900 migratory Egyptian Vultures observed in Turkey during one month
- 05/08/2020 - From Bulgaria to Ukraine back to Bulgaria and Ukraine again in 30 days — the travels of Cinereous Vulture Sliven
- 05/07/2020 - Rehabilitating electrocuted vultures is not an easy task
- 05/06/2020 - Birdski: mitigating threats in ski areas to protect Bearded Vultures in the French Alps
- 05/05/2020 - One less Egyptian Vulture pair in the Canary Islands — poisoning killed the pair and left a breeding female in critical condition
- 05/03/2020 - Watch vulture videos and nest cams to feel closer to our feathered friends
- 05/02/2020 - Are vultures really becoming livestock predators? Shedding some light on negative misconceptions and false accusations – new paper
- 04/30/2020 - Research review: The first Pan-Africa study on Hooded Vultures evaluates their movements
- 04/29/2020 - The latest Egyptian Vulture national census in Spain demonstrates that the species population is stable
- 04/28/2020 - Tagging vultures: Why swift field response is essential to save birds and inform conservation actions
- 04/27/2020 - Bearded Vultures try to breed for the first time on the Moncayo Mountains (Easternmost Central Iberian Massif)
- 04/26/2020 - Lords of the Rhodopean Skies — a new online wildlife photography exhibition available for a limited time
- 04/25/2020 - Rare sighting of a juvenile Egyptian Vulture in South Africa — the species is thought to be extinct in the country
- 04/24/2020 - The website of our latest LIFE project in Cyprus, LIFE with Vultures, is now available for the public!
- 04/24/2020 - Research review: new article demonstrates the value of research for effective vulture conservation
- 04/23/2020 - Why, when, where? Rigorous investigation answers important questions about illegal wildlife poisoning in Serbia
- 04/23/2020 - Updates from the reintroduced Cinereous Vultures in Bulgaria
- 04/22/2020 - Earth Day 2020: Why it is more important than ever to preserve our nature and vultures
- 04/21/2020 - Biggest ever vulture mortality event in the world unfolds in Guinea-Bissau: estimates of over 2000 Hooded Vultures poisoned to death due to belief-based use
- 04/18/2020 - The wandering Cinereous Vulture Riga returned home!
- 04/16/2020 - Where did Cinereous Vulture Caparica travel to after its rehabilitation and release?
- 04/15/2020 - Animal carcasses — from a problem to a conservation opportunity
- 04/14/2020 - Touring around Mallorca the Cinereous Vulture way
- 04/12/2020 - Watch: Griffon Vulture chick hatching in Green Balkans' Centre for the second time in history!
- 04/10/2020 - Research review: recent study describes the movements of Bearded Vultures in the Himalayas
- 04/09/2020 - Together for Bearded Vultures — taking measures to tackle COVID-19 issues
- 04/08/2020 - The actions against illegal wildlife poisoning in Croatia
- 04/07/2020 - Latest newsletter of the IUCN Vulture Specialist Group
- 04/06/2020 - How are the released Griffon Vultures doing in Sardinia?
- 04/05/2020 - Reintroduced Cinereous Vultures form a pair in Bulgaria for the first time since the species extinction
- 04/04/2020 - The Vulture Conservation Foundation is hiring a Bearded Vulture Captive Breeding Assistant
- 04/03/2020 - A new project in Albania nurses poisoned wildlife back to health
- 04/02/2020 - Vulture Island Trilogy: Celebrating vultures through storytelling
- 04/01/2020 - Two Griffon Vultures from Rhodope Mountains embark on a long trip to Saudi Arabia
- 03/31/2020 - Research review: Intensive monitoring reveals interesting parenting behaviours of Egyptian Vultures during the nesting cycle
- 03/30/2020 - Reintroduced Cinereous Vulture Extremadura killed by electrocution in Bulgaria
- 03/29/2020 - Research review: New study illustrates how larger vulture species and older individuals are most dominant when competing at carcasses
- 03/28/2020 - The journey of Cinereous Vulture Brínzola comes to a tragic end after a year of many adventures
- 03/27/2020 - Four Egyptian Vultures are back on our radar - will they migrate back to Europe?
- 03/26/2020 - Bearded Vulture Adonis returned to Grands Causses and paired...with another male
- 03/25/2020 - Watch: From extinction to recolonisation to reproduction - the return of the Cinereous Vulture in Portugal
- 03/24/2020 - Cinereous Vultures started mating in Bulgaria again!
- 03/23/2020 - Bearded Vulture hatches in Picos de Europa for the first time in nearly seven decades
- 03/21/2020 - Watch: The final push - the hatching of a Bearded Vulture chick
- 03/20/2020 - Prevent poisoning: leave lead ammunition to history
- 03/19/2020 - Life, vultures and COVID19 – we live in a brand-new world
- 03/19/2020 - GPS tracking of Griffon Vultures helps prepare a better future for scavenger birds in the Côa Valley
- 03/18/2020 - Operation "Save chick Ryan": transportation of Bearded Vulture before Spain's COVID-19 lockdown
- 03/17/2020 - A letter from 1791 takes us back in time to see how the Bearded Vulture was perceived in Switzerland during that period
- 03/16/2020 - Griffon Vultures in Messolonghi, Greece, tagged with GPS transmitters to track their movements and help tackle wildlife poisoning
- 03/15/2020 - IUCN's Vulture Specialist Group position on the role of vultures in disease transmission
- 03/14/2020 - Research review: A review of secondary pentobarbital poisoning in scavenging wildlife, companion animals and captive carnivores
- 03/13/2020 - Two reintroduced Bearded Vultures observed and identified in the wild again
- 03/12/2020 - Bearded Vulture chicks in Andalucia are hatching both in the wild and in captivity!
- 03/11/2020 - The Cinereous Vulture Barnabie has a new mission in life
- 03/10/2020 - Egyptian Vulture Faia is the first LIFE Rupis bird to safely cross the Strait of Gibraltar on her way back home this spring
- 03/09/2020 - The seventh edition of La Plume du Life, the LIFE GypConnect newsletter, released
- 03/08/2020 - New records for the rare Cinereous Vulture in the Central Balkan and Vrachanski Balkan
- 03/07/2020 - Griffon Vulture with transmitter found dead in the Eastern Rhodopes
- 03/06/2020 - Recent illegal wildlife poisoning in Serbia kills birds and mammals
- 03/05/2020 - Vulture conservation disaster in Guinea Bissau is nearing 1000 vulture fatalities
- 03/04/2020 - Intentional poisoning of wildlife is now a crime in Albania
- 03/03/2020 - #WorldWildlifeDay: Together we can save vultures - how the Bearded Vulture is returning to its former range in Europe
- 03/01/2020 - Get to know Mort - the vulture protagonist of this new children's book
- 02/29/2020 - Possibly the highest Bearded Vulture nest at almost 5000 metres altitude discovered in the Himalayas
- 02/28/2020 - A vulture conservation disaster: over 600 vultures dead across Guinea-Bissau with death toll continually increasing
- 02/27/2020 - Watch what it takes to breed a Bearded Vulture in captivity
- 02/26/2020 - The VCF at the CoP13 of the Convention for Migratory Species
- 02/25/2020 - The Griffon Vultures in the Eastern Rhodopes reached nearly 100 pairs
- 02/24/2020 - Vulture winter wonderland in the ‘Sinite Kamani’ Nature Park
- 02/22/2020 - The latest addition to the captive Bearded Vulture family - say hello to BG1057
- 02/21/2020 - Research review: New study demonstrates that human-modified landscapes increase mortality risk for Griffon Vultures
- 02/20/2020 - Vulture MsAP Strategic Implementation Plan Launched
- 02/19/2020 - How LIFE GypConnect is reintroducing the Bearded Vulture to Baronnies
- 02/18/2020 - Griffon Vulture pair laid a second egg in Green Balkans' centre!
- 02/16/2020 - Guidelines for feeding Bearded Vultures in captivity are now also available in Bulgarian and Russian
- 02/15/2020 - Recent wildlife poisoning in Croatia left many animal casualties
- 02/14/2020 - Mass poisoning causes a heavy blow to the largest colony of Griffon Vultures in mainland Greece
- 02/13/2020 - Yet another Portuguese Cinereous Vulture returned to the wild after rescue and rehabilitation
- 02/12/2020 - More fallow deer released in the Eastern Rhodopes to help improve the natural food availability for vultures
- 02/11/2020 - Results from the first Griffon Vulture census of the decade in Cyprus
- 02/10/2020 - The fascinating travels of the young Griffon Vulture T89
- 02/08/2020 - Sign the petition to help protect Egyptian Vultures in Aragon (Spain)
- 02/07/2020 - Watch directly from the nest the Bearded Vulture pair from Valsavarenche during this breeding period
- 02/06/2020 - The Griffon Vultures at the Green Balkans' Wildlife Rehabilitation and Breeding Centre were given the chance to lay a second egg
- 02/05/2020 - Meet Kobe - the first captive-bred Bearded Vulture chick of the season!
- 02/04/2020 - Griffon Vultures colonised Mallorca and joined the resident Cinereous Vultures – a novel project now studies the consequences of this phenomenon
- 02/03/2020 - Highlights from the Anti-Poisoning and Wildlife Crime in Albania workshop
- 02/01/2020 - Live nest cameras: a peek inside the lives of three Griffon Vulture breeding pairs in Israel
- 01/31/2020 - An unlikely pairing: Rüppell's Vulture breeding with Griffon Vulture in Spain
- 01/30/2020 - Attracting Cinereous Vulture pairs in Kotel Mountain
- 01/29/2020 - Restoring Bearded Vulture populations in nature requires help from zoos
- 01/28/2020 - Results from the three methods used to release captive-bred Egyptian Vultures in the Eastern Rhodopes in 2019
- 01/27/2020 - The breeding season for the Cinereous Vulture pair in the Green Balkans' rescue centre has begun
- 01/26/2020 - Missing Cinereous Vulture Bessie found dead after collision against power lines
- 01/25/2020 - Research review: Technical-scientific order for the analysis of the diet of Egyptian Vulture (Neophron percnopterus) in the Douro Canyon
- 01/23/2020 - More Egyptian Vultures tagged with GPS transmitters in Ethiopia and new insights into the threats they face revealed
- 01/22/2020 - Brilliant photograph of an encounter between Bearded Vulture Carmen and Griffon Vulture in Barronies
- 01/21/2020 - Prison, fine and hunting disqualification for a hunter who poisoned four vultures in Spain
- 01/20/2020 - Griffon Vulture pair lays the first clutch of the year in Sardinia
- 01/18/2020 - The 2019/20 Bearded Vulture breeding season in the Alps is off to an early start
- 01/17/2020 - What duties do Egyptian Vulture pairs share during the breeding period?
- 01/16/2020 - Weak Griffon Vulture rescued in the Var (France)
- 01/15/2020 - Released Egyptian Vulture Kate found dead in Western Sicily after spending only two months on the island
- 01/14/2020 - Necropsy performed on two Griffon Vultures in Bulgaria
- 01/13/2020 - The Stolen Wildlife Campaign just released the second series of awareness photographs
- 01/12/2020 - The GPS movements of the first-ever wild Portuguese Cinereous Vulture tagged stopped. What happened?
- 01/11/2020 - The Bearded Vulture breeding trio in Ecrins laid an egg for the 3rd consecutive year
- 01/10/2020 - Competition: Win a GPS tag - suitable for Griffon or Cinereous Vultures
- 01/09/2020 - Cinereous Vulture in Spain killed by ingesting illegal poisoned bait
- 01/08/2020 - Gulper, ripper and scrapper: anatomy of the neck in three species of vultures
- 01/07/2020 - Five feeding sites built in the Greek part of Rhodope Mountains as part of LIFE Re-Vultures
- 12/31/2019 - Another mass poisoning in Zululand causes alarm for the future of vultures in the region
- 12/30/2019 - Vulture Conservation – 2019 Overview
- 12/29/2019 - Bearded Vulture Conservation - 2019 Overview
- 12/28/2019 - Egyptian Vulture Conservation – 2019 Overview
- 12/27/2019 - Cinereous Vulture Conservation - 2019 Overview
- 12/26/2019 - Griffon Vulture Conservation - 2019 Overview
- 12/24/2019 - Bearded Vulture pairs in captivity started laying eggs
- 12/23/2019 - Der Falke special issue on vultures: Biology - Threats - Conservation
- 12/22/2019 - Are Egyptian Vultures under threat from NSAIDs in Greece?
- 12/20/2019 - Conclusions of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2019
- 12/19/2019 - Are dogs also vultures' best friends, too?
- 12/18/2019 - Complicated surgery gives Bearded Vulture Flamadel new hope for his future
- 12/16/2019 - Bearded Vulture Silviano regained her freedom in the heart of the Pyrenees
- 12/13/2019 - Wildlife-human conflict in Greece: wolves, vultures and actions
- 12/11/2019 - LIFE with Vultures: a targeted effort to save the Griffon Vulture in Cyprus
- 12/10/2019 - Griffon Vulture Census results in the Balkans
- 12/05/2019 - Updates from the Vultures Back To LIFE reintroduced Cinereous Vultures
- 12/04/2019 - Bulgaria is about to adopt a national strategy to combat illegal wildlife poisoning
- 12/03/2019 - Vulture Conservation Foundation Film - Together for Vultures
- 12/02/2019 - Grand jubilee for Serbian ornithologists: this year marks the 30th anniversary of the Society for the Bird Protection and Study Society of Serbia/BirdLife Serbi
- 12/01/2019 - Rescue and rehabilitation of Cinereous Vulture Barnabie
- 11/30/2019 - One of Switzerland's first wild-hatched Bearded Vultures is dead
- 11/27/2019 - A Rüppell's Vulture paid a visit to a LIFE Rupis feeding station in Portugal
- 11/25/2019 - White Bearded Vulture observed in the Alps - a rare sight for the region
- 11/24/2019 - Joint efforts save young Egyptian Vulture Anna
- 11/22/2019 - Mesmerizing footage of a Bearded Vulture bathing
- 11/21/2019 - The second round of interviews to investigate wildlife poisoning in Albania
- 11/20/2019 - How the LIFE GYPCONNECT project is working to limit the use of lead ammunition
- 11/17/2019 - Day two and three of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2019
- 11/15/2019 - Day one of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2019
- 11/13/2019 - The Griffon Vulture roosting sites census in the Balkans approaches
- 11/13/2019 - Cinereous Vulture spotted flying over Azraq Wetland Reserve (Jordan) for the first time
- 11/12/2019 - Rapid response prevents mass poisoning in Serbia
- 11/08/2019 - Great international cooperation allows for the release of Egyptian vulture Iberia in Europe's only wintering area – but the bird had Africa on its mind!
- 11/07/2019 - First confirmed sighting of a Rüppell's Vulture in Italy
- 11/06/2019 - A happy ending for two juvenile Griffon Vultures in North Macedonia
- 11/05/2019 - Announcing the programme of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2019
- 10/31/2019 - Vulture Research Update: October 2019
- 10/30/2019 - Another fantastic year for the Bearded Vulture Captive Breeding Network
- 10/29/2019 - How many vultures are there in the Alps?
- 10/25/2019 - Cinereous Vulture Orca ready to be re-released
- 10/24/2019 - The Bearded Vulture breeding season has already started!
- 10/23/2019 - Providing lead-free ammunition to tackle lead poisoning in Croatia
- 10/22/2019 - A train hits and kills 15 vultures in Monzón (Spain)
- 10/21/2019 - Vulture experts to the rescue: trying to save a Griffon Vulture during a field trip of the EVC
- 10/18/2019 - Riga on the move: from the Alps to the Balkans
- 10/17/2019 - Working together to protect vultures in Serbia - an educational workshop to tackle poisoning
- 10/16/2019 - Rescued Griffon Vulture in Cyprus: rehabilitated and ready for release
- 10/15/2019 - LIFE GYPCONNECT Seminar: Food support and sanitary precautions for Bearded Vultures
- 10/12/2019 - The epic migration of the Egyptian Vulture
- 10/11/2019 - Tackling the threat of electrocution in the Eastern Rhodopes to protect vultures
- 10/10/2019 - Join us for the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2019
- 10/07/2019 - An overview of the European Vulture Conference
- 10/02/2019 - Day 2 of the European Vulture Conference
- 10/01/2019 - Day 1 of the European Vulture Conference
- 09/28/2019 - More LIFE Rupis Egyptian Vultures migrated to Africa
- 09/27/2019 - Record number of Bearded Vulture fledglings observed in the Alps
- 09/26/2019 - Dr Orr Spiegel will share his insights on vulture foraging movements during his keynote presentation at the European Vulture Conference
- 09/25/2019 - Rhodopean Cinereous Vulture pair undertakes aerial adventures
- 09/24/2019 - The European Vulture Conference is a week away - what to expect
- 09/21/2019 - Interviewing shepherds to investigate wildlife poisoning in Albania
- 09/20/2019 - Five Griffon Vultures are the new victims of poisoning in Bulgaria
- 09/19/2019 - The Cinereous Vulture population in Mallorca has multiplied by ten in nearly 40 years
- 09/18/2019 - Sara and Tobia returned to Africa
- 09/14/2019 - Crossing the Strait of Gibraltar: Egyptian Vultures Britango and Faia on the move
- 09/13/2019 - Stranded young Griffon Vulture rescued at Episkopi Bay (Cyprus)
- 09/12/2019 - Dr François Sarrazin will give a keynote presentation on the restoration and conservation of scavenger populations during the European Vulture Conference
- 09/11/2019 - New study reveals amazing flexibility of migration among Egyptian Vultures
- 09/10/2019 - Eight captive-bred Egyptian Vultures released in Italy to boost the population
- 09/07/2019 - Get to know Europe's vultures - key facts and conservation
- 09/06/2019 - The mystery of the Egyptian Vulture in Lamoso feeding station…solved!
- 09/05/2019 - Europe's 5th vulture species?
- 09/04/2019 - International Observation Days - how many Bearded Vultures did we count in 2018?
- 09/03/2019 - Record of Griffon Vultures breeding in the Eastern Alps
- 08/30/2019 - Bearded Vulture Biès is free to roam the Pyrenees once again!
- 08/29/2019 - The Cinereous Vulture chicks released in Bulgaria have successfully fledged!
- 08/28/2019 - Egyptian Vulture Tizón continues to surprise us with his movements
- 08/27/2019 - Together we can save vultures
- 08/23/2019 - International cooperation returned Griffon Vulture Dobrila home
- 08/22/2019 - Portuguese Action Plan for the Conservation of Necrophagous Birds finally published in Diário da República
- 08/21/2019 - Exchanging knowledge for breeding Cinereous Vultures
- 08/20/2019 - The Bearded Vultures in the Grands Causses are travelling further and further
- 08/17/2019 - New feeding station in Serbia aims to improve food opportunities for vultures
- 08/16/2019 - Deadly fall of Bearded Vulture Monna from the LIFE GypConnect releases
- 08/14/2019 - Be a conservationist for a day and count Europe’s rarest vulture on International Observation Day 12 October 2019
- 08/13/2019 - Four captive-bred Egyptian Vultures released into the wild in Bulgaria
- 08/10/2019 - André Botha will give a keynote presentation on vulture conservation in Africa during the European Vulture Conference
- 08/09/2019 - Two Cinereous Vultures are the new inhabitants of the Balkan Mountains in Bulgaria
- 08/08/2019 - Continuing our monitoring efforts to understand Egyptian Vulture behaviour in the Douro (Spain-Portugal border)
- 08/07/2019 - Catching up with the Bearded Vultures we released in Maestrazgo
- 08/06/2019 - Recent training to treat poisoning cases at the Albania Anti-poisoning Centre - a project supported by the Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project Small Grants Programme
- 08/03/2019 - Update on summer movements of LIFE Rupis Egyptian Vultures: July 2019
- 08/01/2019 - Announcing the Scientific Programme of the European Vulture Conference
- 07/31/2019 - Monitoring the recently reintroduced Bearded vultures in Maestrazgo: An expert's account
- 07/30/2019 - Releasing Cinereous vultures on Tuesday 6 August – join us in Kotel, Bulgaria
- 07/26/2019 - Recent separate mass poisonings in Kruger Park (South Africa) and Enugu State (Nigeria) lead to 150+ vulture deaths
- 07/25/2019 - Let's be clear, objective and factual: Vultures do not normally kill cattle and are very useful for the livestock breeder
- 07/24/2019 - Reintroduced Bearded Vulture Buisson from LIFE GYPCONNECT dies due to electrocution
- 07/23/2019 - Five Griffon Vultures tagged in Western Iberia to reveal feeding behaviour
- 07/20/2019 - 4 Vultures - Photography Contest
- 07/18/2019 - All together for Vultures: Immediate action prevents possible wind turbine collision for Cinereous Vulture Carrascalinho in Spain
- 07/17/2019 - How many Bearded Vulture breeding pairs are there currently in the Alps and on Corsica?
- 07/16/2019 - Restoring natural feeding scenarios for Cinereous Vultures in Spain
- 07/15/2019 - Are you cycling at the Tour de France? Keep your eyes open for Bearded Vultures
- 07/13/2019 - Following the movements of yet another Portuguese Cinereous Vulture
- 07/12/2019 - Griffon Vulture Kvarner enjoys his freedom and adventures once again
- 07/11/2019 - California has done it for their condors - Can Europe follow suit and ban lead ammunition for our vultures too?
- 07/10/2019 - Our latest keynote speaker at the European Vulture Conference, Dr Steffen Oppel, will discuss Egyptian Vulture threats and conservation strategies
- 07/09/2019 - LIFE RE-Vultures can now track the movements of two more juvenile Griffon Vultures
- 07/06/2019 - Where did the reintroduced Bulgarian Cinereous Vultures travel next?
- 07/05/2019 - We reintroduced a record of 22 Bearded Vultures into the wild to help boost local populations
- 07/04/2019 - First recorded fatality from lead poisoning for Griffon Vulture in Bulgaria
- 07/03/2019 - The many challenges and adventures of the recently released Egyptian Vultures in Bulgaria
- 07/02/2019 - Thirteen more Griffon Vultures are freed in Sardinia
- 06/28/2019 - Fighting poison in the Balkans - Annoucing the successful projects funded through Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project Small Grants Programme
- 06/27/2019 - Keynote Speaker, Dr Olivier Duriez, will discuss the flight and foraging decision making in Griffon Vultures at the European Vulture Conference
- 06/26/2019 - What have the LIFE GYPCONNECT Bearded Vultures been up to since their release into the wild?
- 06/25/2019 - Egyptian Vultures are losing their reign in the Balkans
- 06/24/2019 - The mystery of the Cinereous Vulture spotted in Latvia
- 06/21/2019 - Catastrophic blow for conservation: 600+ vultures fatally poisoned across Africa within two weeks
- 06/20/2019 - Final releases of Bearded Vultures in the LIFE GYPCONNECT project for 2019
- 06/19/2019 - Latest victims of irresponsible human activities
- 06/18/2019 - Securing the future of vultures in Israel
- 06/17/2019 - Griffon Vulture pays a rare visit to Romania
- 06/15/2019 - New hope for Egyptian Vultures as eggs keep on hatching at the Green Balkans' Rescue centre
- 06/14/2019 - Mass poisoning kills at least 27 vultures in Zululand
- 06/13/2019 - Wildlife crime expert, Dr Iñigo Fajardo, is giving a keynote presentation at the European Vulture Conference
- 06/12/2019 - Closer to reintroducing Cinereous Vulture population in Bulgaria as the second group arrives
- 06/10/2019 - Two Bearded Vultures released to help boost the population on Corsica
- 06/08/2019 - Two young Bearded Vultures are the new inhabitants of Tinença de Benifassà (Spain)
- 06/07/2019 - Reintroducing Cinereous Vultures to Bulgaria - the second transportation from Spain
- 06/06/2019 - Bearded Vulture returns to the French countryside after a year in recovery
- 06/04/2019 - Vulture Research Update: May 2019
- 06/03/2019 - Griffon Vulture Kupala rescued and released twice
- 06/01/2019 - Egyptian vultures Sara and Tobia finally returned to Italy
- 06/01/2019 - New project combats illegal vulture body parts trade in Nigeria
- 05/31/2019 - Griffon Vulture conservation actions in Sardinia attracted Egyptian Vultures
- 05/30/2019 - First flights of freedom for captive-bred Egyptian Vultures in Bulgaria
- 05/29/2019 - Dr Patricia Mateo-Tomás, a specialist in vulture and human connections, is our latest keynote speaker at the European Vulture Conference
- 05/28/2019 - The mystery of Egyptian Vulture Douro's lost GPS transmitter
- 05/27/2019 - Second year of releases in the Europe’s latest Bearded Vulture reintroduction project in Spain’s Maestrazgo region
- 05/26/2019 - Report published from our Spanish practical training course supporting Balkan colleagues fight illegal wildlife poisoning
- 05/25/2019 - Harshest wildlife poisoning penalty in Spain's history
- 05/24/2019 - Two young Bearded Vultures begin their new adventure after being released in the Parc Naturel Régional du Vercors in the French pre-Alps
- 05/23/2019 - Griffon Vulture in Corsica falls victim to severe lead poisoning
- 05/22/2019 - Opportunity to present your work alongside leading vulture conservationists
- 05/21/2019 - Two Bearded Vultures set to be released into the wild in Andalucia on Thursday 23 May
- 05/21/2019 - Europe’s largest vulture spotted on an epic journey to northern Europe all the way from Spain
- 05/20/2019 - Fantastic breeding results for Griffon Vultures in Bulgaria’s Eastern Rhodope Mountains
- 05/19/2019 - Report from ground-breaking Balkan Vultures Anti-Poisoning Workshop published
- 05/17/2019 - Mass poisoning nearly wipes out Griffon Vulture population in Golan Heights
- 05/16/2019 - Bearded Vulture releases continue in LIFE GYPCONNECT project in France on Saturday 18 May
- 05/15/2019 - Prof. Ran Nathan, pioneer of understanding the ecology of vulture movements, is one of our headline speakers at the European Vulture Conference 2019
- 05/13/2019 - The continued adventures of the reintroduced Bulgarian Cinereous Vultures
- 05/12/2019 - Three captive-bred Bearded Vultures released into the wild in France kicking off the 2019 Bearded Vulture Release Season
- 05/09/2019 - Three young Egyptian Vultures are on their way to freedom in Bulgaria
- 05/08/2019 - The Annual Alpine Griffon Vulture count taking place on Saturday 17 August
- 05/07/2019 - Captive-bred Egyptian Vulture Sara continues her travels as she reaches Italy after her first migration
- 05/06/2019 - Latest edition of Alpine Bearded Vulture news bulletin infoGipeto published
- 05/04/2019 - Spanish anti-poison professionals welcome Balkan colleagues for a two day training course
- 05/03/2019 - First Bearded Vulture release on Monday 6 May - join us in France
- 05/01/2019 - Cinereous Vultures on the move across the Balkan Peninsula
- 04/29/2019 - The 2019 Bearded Vulture release season kicks off in France
- 04/27/2019 - First keynote speakers for the European Vulture Conference announced
- 04/26/2019 - Will Captive-bred Egyptian Vulture Sara Cross the Mediterranean from North Africa to Italy?
- 04/24/2019 - Breeding success for ANOTHER pair of Bearded Vultures in the French pre-Pyrenees
- 04/22/2019 - GPS transmitter helps locate and rescue injured Cinereous Vulture in Portugal
- 04/21/2019 - Lots of Bearded Vulture (Easter) eggs this year - a bumper breeding season
- 04/20/2019 - Which Egyptian Vulture won the race back to the Balkans?
- 04/18/2019 - Another Griffon Vulture detained as a 'spy' in the Middle East
- 04/17/2019 - Farming for vultures: the results from the LIFE+ Feeding Scavengers project
- 04/14/2019 - Bearded Vulture chicks take flight a little earlier than planned
- 04/12/2019 - Portugal reaffirms its commitment to tackling illegal wildlife poisoning
- 04/09/2019 - The adventures of Croatian Griffon Vulture Kvarner continues
- 04/08/2019 - The silent killer strikes across Greece with multiple vultures reported dead over the last two months
- 04/06/2019 - Spanish and Moroccan ornithologists collaborate for major survey of raptors in Morocco
- 04/04/2019 - Latest edition of France’s Vautours Info published
- 04/02/2019 - The Balkan Vulture Anti-Poisoning Workshop, Serbia, 8-10 April 2019
- 04/01/2019 - Illegal wildlife poisoning in Montenegro kills a pair of breeding Golden Eagles
- 03/28/2019 - Four more Cinereous Vultures released into the wild in historic reintroduction project in Bulgaria
- 03/27/2019 - Five out of five vultures return to the Douro Canyon on Portugal-Spain border from Africa
- 03/26/2019 - The Race for Vultures Champions of the Flyway 24 hour birding race begins
- 03/25/2019 - Ahead of the 2019 Egyptian Vulture breeding season in France let's look back at the results from the 2018 season
- 03/21/2019 - Second pair of Cinereous Vultures begins nesting in artificial platform in the Douro Canyon
- 03/20/2019 - Report from the International Workshop of Vultures and Veterinary Drugs
- 03/19/2019 - Join us in Portugal for the European Vulture Conference 2019
- 03/15/2019 - First wild born Bearded Vulture in Andalucia returns to the region
- 03/14/2019 - New report highlights the continued threat of illegal killing to vultures in Albania
- 03/12/2019 - Record number of breeding pairs of Griffon Vultures in Bulgaria
- 03/11/2019 - Announcing the Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project Small Grants Programme
- 03/11/2019 - Europe's Vultures Need You - new job vacancy at the Vulture Conservation Foundation
- 03/08/2019 - Operation AntiTox tackling illegal wildlife poisoning in Spain
- 03/07/2019 - Poisoning incident in North Macedonia tests new protocols to fight the crime
- 03/06/2019 - Griffon Vultures in Bulgaria’s Kresna Gorge continue to make a comeback
- 03/04/2019 - Carrying out a post-mortem is essential in understanding vulture mortality
- 03/01/2019 - Bearded Vulture found dead in Turkey, but what killed this bird?
- 02/28/2019 - The LIFE Rupis International Meeting sharing good practice in Egyptian Vulture conservation
- 02/27/2019 - Cinereous Vulture Ostrava found dead in Greece
- 02/25/2019 - Team VCF need your help to protect Africa’s vultures
- 02/22/2019 - Third wild breeding pair of Bearded Vultures confirmed in Andalucia
- 02/21/2019 - Europe’s Griffon Vultures begin the egg laying in the 2019 breeding season
- 02/20/2019 - Where did the Bearded Vultures that were On The Move end up?
- 02/18/2019 - Record number of young Cinereous Vultures fledge the nest in Andalusia in 2018 for a second year
- 02/16/2019 - Spring migration is underway for LIFE Rupis Egyptian Vultures
- 02/14/2019 - Dating the Cinereous Vulture way - helping captive birds find love
- 02/13/2019 - The International Workshop on Vultures & Veterinary Drugs
- 02/12/2019 - Vulture Research Update: December 2018 - January 2019
- 02/11/2019 - Join in with #GoVultures
- 02/09/2019 - January was a busy month for wild Bearded Vultures in the 2018/19 breeding season
- 02/08/2019 - Announcing the European Vulture Conference, 1-4 October 2019
- 02/07/2019 - New article calls for standardised methods for monitoring vultures
- 02/06/2019 - Updates from the Maestrazgo Bearded Vulture reintroduction project
- 02/05/2019 - Griffon Vultures are on their way to Sardinia from Spain as part of the final transport to restock the threatened population on the island
- 02/02/2019 - Following the migratory Egyptian Vulture from Bulgaria to Ethiopia for Egyptian Vulture New LIFE's Africa 2019 Workshop
- 02/01/2019 - Hatching of Bearded Vulture eggs in the Captive Breeding network begins
- 01/29/2019 - A 2018 Survey of Griffon Vultures in Andalucía reveals the population continues to grow across the region
- 01/28/2019 - Our work reintroducing Bearded Vultures recognized at the Biodiversity and Society Awards in Valencia
- 01/26/2019 - The adventures of Bulgarian Griffon Vulture Kaya in the Middle East continues
- 01/25/2019 - A bumper year for Egyptian Vultures in the 2018 breeding season in Bulgaria
- 01/24/2019 - Cinereous Vulture fitted with a GPS transmitter released back into the wild in Portugal as part of LIFE Rupis project
- 01/22/2019 - The sixth edition of La Plume du Life, the LIFE GypConnect newsletter, released
- 01/21/2019 - Shocking killing of a rare Cinereous Vulture shot dead in Lebanon
- 01/18/2019 - Wild Bearded Vultures get the 2018/19 breeding season off to an early start
- 01/17/2019 - How did a GPS transmitter from a Cinereous Vulture end up on the beach in St-Tropez?
- 01/16/2019 - More details announced for our Balkan Vultures Anti-Poisoning Workshop in Serbia in April
- 01/15/2019 - Great results from the Bearded Vulture Breeding Season 2017/18 and our exciting plans for releasing birds in 2019
- 01/14/2019 - Fighting illegal wildlife poisoning on the Balkan Peninsula
- 01/11/2019 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - Serbia
- 01/10/2019 - Introducing Team VCF competing in The Champions of the Flyway 2019
- 01/09/2019 - Portuguese Parliament discusses tomorrow the banning of fatal veterinary medicine diclofenac to protect the nation’s vultures
- 01/08/2019 - A great start to the Bearded Vulture breeding season
- 01/07/2019 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 01/04/2019 - Abricot, the Great Wanderer, spotted on camera after an absence of two year
- 01/03/2019 - The International Bearded Vulture Monitoring Network 2017 Annual Report
- 01/02/2019 - The most popular vulture conservation stories of 2018
- 12/31/2018 - Bringing partners together in Greece to discuss illegal wildlife poisoning
- 12/28/2018 - Cinereous Vulture Murtigão photographed in southern Portugal
- 12/27/2018 - December newsletter from Bearded Vulture news in the north Pyrenees
- 12/24/2018 - Merry Christmas from the Vulture Conservation Foundation
- 12/21/2018 - Join us in Serbia for the Balkan Vulture Anti-Poisoning Workshop in April 2019
- 12/20/2018 - 11 more Griffon Vultures released in Sardinia helping boost the population
- 12/19/2018 - Bearded Vulture Calandreto travels back to the Massif Central after a summer in the Pyrenees - the connection is one step closer!
- 12/18/2018 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - Albania
- 12/17/2018 - Griffon Vulture shot in Montenegro: vultures continue to be persecuted
- 12/14/2018 - Results from the Bulgarian experiment testing release methods of captive-bred Egyptian vultures
- 12/13/2018 - First clutch of the bearded vulture breeding season laid by pair in Andalucía
- 12/11/2018 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - FYR Macedonia
- 12/10/2018 - Two young griffon vultures released back into the wild in Sardinia
- 12/08/2018 - Brilliant video of young Andalucían bearded vulture Gea learning to eat bones
- 12/07/2018 - Survey of Egyptian vultures in FYR Macedonia suggests the population has declined since 2014
- 12/06/2018 - Vulture Research Update: October-November
- 12/05/2018 - Bulgaria's cinereous vulture Ostrava heads off on winter migration
- 12/04/2018 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - Croatia
- 12/03/2018 - Conclusions from the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2018
- 11/29/2018 - Bearded vulture Mia has become the first vulture in the world to have a artificial limb
- 11/29/2018 - Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project: Country in Focus - Greece
- 11/28/2018 - Five more cinereous vultures reintroduced in the southern Alps in France
- 11/27/2018 - The 24th Meeting of the French Vulture Network
- 11/26/2018 - Latest news from the Maestrazgo bearded vulture reintroduction project
- 11/23/2018 - New VCF study estimates over 2,300 vultures have died as a result of being poisoned in the Balkan Peninsula over the last 20 years
- 11/22/2018 - New research review reveals the extent of lead contamination in wild vultures.
- 11/21/2018 - A great success for Egyptian vultures breeding in Greece in the 2018 breeding season but threat of poisoning is real
- 11/20/2018 - Griffon vultures Arda and Kaya take a remarkable jounrey south from the Eastern Rhodope Mountains
- 11/19/2018 - New artificial nests built in Eastern Rhodope mountains for cinereous vultures
- 11/16/2018 - Bearded vulture spotted at supplementary feeding station in France with missing talons and digits
- 11/15/2018 - Poison strikes in the Douro canyon, killing adult breeding Egyptian vultures
- 11/14/2018 - Breeding season is under way for the bearded vulture
- 11/13/2018 - Multiple raptors, including vultures, continue to be killed by electrocution
- 11/12/2018 - Field trips for the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2018
- 11/11/2018 - Day Two of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2018
- 11/10/2018 - Day One of the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2018
- 11/09/2018 - Over 140 delegates have joined us for the Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting 2018 in Cazorla, Spain
- 11/07/2018 - Young cinereous vulture tagged and released back into the wild in the French pre-Pyrenees
- 11/06/2018 - Working to save vultures in the Balearics
- 11/05/2018 - More Bearded Vultures On The Move thanks to your help!
- 11/01/2018 - Remarkable spotting of bearded vulture migrating from Europe across the Bosphorous
- 10/31/2018 - Latest Egyptian vulture census of Albania reveals a new occupied territory
- 10/30/2018 - #Bred4theWild -bearded vulture conservation in South Africa
- 10/29/2018 - Fighting illegal wildlife poisoning in Serbia
- 10/27/2018 - Over 800 Egyptian vultures counted in Turkey on their migration
- 10/26/2018 - Captive-bred Egyptian vultures released in the Balkans reach wintering grounds
- 10/25/2018 - Egyptian vultures Rupis and Douro reached their wintering grounds
- 10/24/2018 - Island hopping and heading east - the latest travels of Bulgaria's cinereous vultures - updates
- 10/23/2018 - The VCF is looking for two consultants to help us improve internal management processes and our human resources systems
- 10/22/2018 - Results from the 2018 griffon vulture Alpine census - 1873 birds counted
- 10/20/2018 - 22 year old Griffon vulture visits supplementary feeding station in Portugal
- 10/19/2018 - Join us for the 2018 Annual Bearded Vulture Meeting - Cazorla, Spain
- 10/19/2018 - New research article reveals harmful exposure to lead in four avian scavengers in Switzerland
- 10/18/2018 - Bearded vultures on the Move – mission accomplished!
- 10/17/2018 - Catching up with Spanish bearded vultures Alòs and Amic
- 10/17/2018 - Latest newsletter of the IUCN Vulture Specialist Group
- 10/16/2018 - 16 threatened birds- including the bearded and cinereous vultures, have much better chances in Europe now
- 10/16/2018 - First five Bearded Vultures are on the Move
- 10/15/2018 - Understanding and tackling the electrocution and collision threats to vultures - Andalusia seminar
- 10/15/2018 - 2017/2018 bearded vulture breeding season in the Alps – a new record in the number of couples but productivity has decreased
- 10/13/2018 - Two males looking for a new home – 2 bearded vultures on the move who need your help
- 10/12/2018 - The extraordinary 170km flight of Griffon vulture Kvarner
- 10/11/2018 - Riga - one of the 3 cinereous vultures reintroduced in Bulgaria a few weeks ago, made it to Western Greece after a flight across the Balkans
- 10/10/2018 - A pair of young bearded vultures in love and looking for a new home in the Ukraine
- 10/09/2018 - Population of griffon vultures increases in Sardinia - read all about it in the latest LIFE Under Griffon Wings newsletter
- 10/08/2018 - Dead Griffon vulture emphasises the need for proper site selection of wind farms in Thrace, Greece
- 10/03/2018 - Why is #CountingBeardedVultures important?
- 10/02/2018 - Czech Zoo visitors helping to protect Europe’s rarest vulture
- 09/29/2018 - International Observation Days - what we found out from 2017
- 09/28/2018 - POISON KILLS! A new LPO publication helping to fight illegal wildlife poisoning in the French Pyrenees
- 09/27/2018 - What is the Bearded Vulture European Endangered Species Programme?
- 09/26/2018 - Captive-bred Egyptian vultures released in Italy found dead in Sicily and Tunisia during their migration to wintering grounds
- 09/25/2018 - Meet GypHelp BG 973 - a Bearded Vulture On The Move
- 09/24/2018 - Volunteers needed to count Europe’s rarest vulture on International Observation Day Saturday 6 October
- 09/21/2018 - 12 more griffon vultures released in Sardinia to boost the local population
- 09/19/2018 - Help us get BEARDED VULTURES ON THE MOVE with our first ever public fundraising campaign
- 09/17/2018 - Reintroduction of cinereous vultures in Bulgaria – what is happening with the three birds released?
- 09/15/2018 - Captive-bred bearded vultures released in Baronnies doing well
- 09/14/2018 - Happy ending for Portuguese cinereous vulture pair that lost chick to fire last year
- 09/13/2018 - Significant progress for anti-poison work in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 09/12/2018 - Captive-bred Egyptian vultures released in Bulgaria now on the move!
- 09/11/2018 - Vultures at risk from changes to regulations in Spain’s Asturias region
- 09/10/2018 - What killed bearded vulture Palanfré?
- 09/07/2018 - A great breeding season for Balkan Griffon vultures
- 09/06/2018 - Research summary for August
- 09/05/2018 - Visitor to feeding station surprises staff at Monte Velino Reserve
- 09/04/2018 - Egyptian vultures are migrating to Africa!
- 09/03/2018 - One less Egyptian vulture in the Balkans - and what an horrible death!
- 09/01/2018 - Why are vultures important?
- 08/31/2018 - LIFE Re-Vultures - Conserving Griffon and Cinereous vultures in the Balkans
- 08/30/2018 - LIFE Rupis - Conserving Egyptian vultures in Portugal and Spain
- 08/29/2018 - Vultures Back to LIFE - conserving cinereous vultures in Bulgaria
- 08/29/2018 - LIFE GYPCONNECT - Connecting bearded vulture populations from the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 08/27/2018 - Who are the Vulture Conservation Foundation?
- 08/25/2018 - One week to go to International Vulture Awareness Day!
- 08/24/2018 - First Egyptian vulture tagged with a GPS in LIFE Rupis project in the Douro Canyon resurfaces (again)
- 08/23/2018 - Cinereous vulture found dead in the Rhodope Mountains
- 08/22/2018 - Two more Egyptian vultures released in Bulgaria in innovative experiment to test release techniques: hacking
- 08/21/2018 - Reintroduced bearded vultures exploring their new home in Maestrazgo (Spain)
- 08/20/2018 - New study reveals the impact of illegal poisoning in Greece
- 08/18/2018 - Bulgaria's reintroduced cinereous vultures leave the nest
- 08/16/2018 - Latest edition of the LIFE Re-Vultures newsletter
- 08/15/2018 - Lead ammunition banned from Maestrazgo – significant breakthrough in our most recent bearded vulture reintroduction project
- 08/14/2018 - The amazing wanderings of Griffon vulture F75
- 08/13/2018 - Fighting illegal wildlife poisoning with the Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project
- 08/10/2018 - Second attempt at fostering Egyptian vulture chick in a wild nest
- 08/09/2018 - Another successful season comes to an end in our bearded vulture breeding season
- 08/02/2018 - Wandering cinereous vulture in Bulgaria gives hope to the restoration of the species in the country
- 08/01/2018 - One month to go until International Vulture Awareness Day
- 07/31/2018 - First ever Portuguese cinereous vulture tagged
- 07/27/2018 - Europe's largest vulture returns to Bulgaria
- 07/25/2018 - Tracking Egyptian vultures in the Douro region of Spain and Portugal
- 07/24/2018 - Two young bearded vultures tagged in Andalucía
- 07/23/2018 - Vulture research update, June-July 2018
- 07/21/2018 - Landmark day for cinereous vulture conservation in the Balkans
- 07/19/2018 - Bearded vulture Rin Ran will be able to see again – thanks to overwhelming public donations
- 07/18/2018 - Griffon vulture star in new children’s book The Revenge of the Servants of the Gods.
- 07/16/2018 - Landmark Day for Croatian Griffon Vulture Conservation
- 07/16/2018 - Latest edition of the LIFE GypConnect Newsletter
- 07/14/2018 - Date Set for Annual Griffon Vulture Count in the Alps
- 07/13/2018 - Egyptian vultures in Oman feature in new short documentary
- 07/12/2018 - Field Report from the Swiss Alps
- 07/11/2018 - Bearded Vulture Fredueli fledges in the Swiss Alps
- 07/10/2018 - The Review of the 2017 Financial Year
- 07/09/2018 - More Griffon Vultures Tagged in Rhodope Mountains
- 07/06/2018 - Helping vultures back to health
- 07/04/2018 - Bearded Vulture Alos fledges in Maestrazgo
- 07/03/2018 - Results from experimental fostering of a captive-bred Egyptian vulture chick in a wild nest in Bulgaria
- 06/29/2018 - Griffon vultures caught feeding at night for first time
- 06/28/2018 - Following Egyptian vultures to Niger
- 06/27/2018 - Updated news: First record of bearded vulture in Portugal in the last 100 years
- 06/26/2018 - Very early fledging of bearded vultures in Italy's Stelvio National Park
- 06/25/2018 - Fighting illegal poisoning in Europe with LIFE
- 06/23/2018 - Griffon vulture Malvasia flies free again
- 06/22/2018 - Worrying return of poison to Grands Causses killing results in vulture deaths
- 06/21/2018 - Bearded vultures released in Switzerland
- 06/20/2018 - A first in 40 years of captive breeding bearded vultures
- 06/19/2018 - Testing different release techniques of captive-bred Egyptian vultures in Bulgaria: delayed release
- 06/18/2018 - Griffon vulture released in Bulgaria spotted soaring above the French Alps
- 06/15/2018 - A great set of bearded vulture spots for International Observation Day
- 06/14/2018 - Introducing Egyptian Vulture New LIFE
- 06/13/2018 - A brilliant year for the bearded vulture captive breeding network
- 06/12/2018 - Following bearded vulture Calandreto on his travels
- 06/11/2018 - Sadness, hope and resilience in Vanoise National Park
- 06/10/2018 - First bearded vultures released this year in Europe already fledged (in Baronnies), while two more birds released in Austria this weekend
- 06/09/2018 - Croatia is preparing National Action Plan for the Griffon Vulture towards implementing the Vulture MsAP
- 06/08/2018 - First steps into fight against wildlife poisoning in Bosnia and Herzegovina in Balkans Anti-Poisoning Project
- 06/07/2018 - Great progress in Croatia within the Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project
- 06/06/2018 - Andalusia vows to tackle illegal wildlife poisoning
- 06/05/2018 - The silent killer strikes again – at least 3 Griffon vultures found poisoned in Greece
- 06/04/2018 - One step closer to GYPCONNECT – bearded vulture pair present in the Corbières?
- 06/03/2018 - Vulture research update, April-May 2018.
- 06/03/2018 - LIFE Rupis: Investigating the movements of breeding Egyptian vultures in the Douro region.
- 06/02/2018 - Success from the Rehabilitation Centre for Griffon Vultures in Croatia
- 06/01/2018 - Bearded vulture breeding season: Good news from the Alps
- 05/31/2018 - Sara and Tobia are on their way north, will Europe be next?
- 05/29/2018 - First bearded vultures released in new reintroduction programme in Spain
- 05/29/2018 - Two more bearded vultures released in Andalusia
- 05/28/2018 - Another bearded vulture visits Netherlands - Updated news
- 05/25/2018 - Electrocution of Egyptian vulture in Iran highlights this often-overlooked threat to vultures
- 05/24/2018 - Landmark day for vulture conservation in Europe
- 05/23/2018 - Bearded vulture reintroductions in Europe: young bird flies from Bulgaria to Spain
- 05/22/2018 - Black vulture chick doing well in Douro Valley
- 05/21/2018 - Fighting for vultures in the Balkans - Excellent progress in Macedonia within the Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project!
- 05/20/2018 - Egyptian vulture Rupis invades the schools - a day with the LIFE Rupis environmental education programme
- 05/19/2018 - Release season continues with another bearded vulture reintroduction in Andalusia (22nd May)
- 05/18/2018 - Bearded vulture reintroductions: New project in Maestrazgo kicks off in style
- 05/16/2018 - Fighting illegal poisoning of vultures in the Balkans - setting a baseline for anti-poisoning work in Albania
- 05/13/2018 - One more bearded vulture will be released tomorrow in Andalusia
- 05/12/2018 - Celebrating the Egyptian vulture on World Migratory Birds Day, 2018.
- 05/09/2018 - One step closer to bring black vultures back to Bulgaria – 1st black vultures transported from Spain to the Balkans
- 05/04/2018 - Mitigating the threat of electrocution in Iran – the excellent work of the Iran´s Bird and Powerlines Committee
- 05/03/2018 - Helping vultures by reinforcing wild ungulates in Bulgaria – 138 deer have already been translocated to the Eastern Rhodopes as part of the LIFE RE Vultures
- 05/02/2018 - Reintroducing bearded vultures to the wild – release season is starting this Sunday!
- 05/01/2018 - What are the released griffons in Sardinia up to? One of them went to visit the other side of the island – all maps are now on-line
- 04/28/2018 - Breeding bearded vulture dies after colliding with cable in Vanoise - single partner continues to take care of the chick
- 04/27/2018 - Update on Vulture Research
- 04/25/2018 - Working for vultures globally - Multi-species Action Plan to Conserve African-Eurasian Vultures (Vulture MsAP) took centre stage in the Flyways Summit
- 04/23/2018 - Zero mortality of migrating raptors – including thousands of migrating griffon and Egyptian vultures – on a wind farm in Portugal with shut on demand method
- 04/21/2018 - Banning Diclofenac in Portugal – light at the end of the tunnel?
- 04/20/2018 - And Rupis reappears from the darkness – 4 out of 5 Egyptian vultures tagged in the Douro are still transmitting – while Sara is still in Africa
- 04/17/2018 - Do we have a baby bearded vulture in the Écrins National Park (France)?
- 04/16/2018 - On the road in Bulgaria tonight
- 04/16/2018 - 14 griffons successful released in Sardinia to restock the threatened local population
- 04/12/2018 - Financial award for early-career researchers working on vultures
- 04/10/2018 - Cinereous vulture recorded on video in The Gambia – a first for the West Africa country
- 04/09/2018 - Adult bearded vulture seen in Mt. Olympus (mainland Greece)
- 04/07/2018 - One griffon possibly down in Saudi Arabia - while another is held hostage in Iraq
- 04/05/2018 - Tono and Blimunda do it again! Second bearded vulture hatched in the wild in Andalucía this year.
- 04/03/2018 - Vote for Egyptian vultures!
- 04/02/2018 - Fourth newsletter of the LIFE+ GYPCONNECT published – linking bearded vultures from the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 04/01/2018 - Hope and resilience - cinereous vultures resurrect from the ashes in the Douro canyon – Happy Easter!
- 03/31/2018 - 68 (Easter) eggs in the bearded vulture captive breeding season - but number of resulting chicks will be average
- 03/30/2018 - Egyptian vulture in the Western European flyway – experts identify priorities and discuss future collaboration
- 03/26/2018 - New children's book features a Griffon vulture as one of the main characters
- 03/24/2018 - New Balkan Anti-Poisoning Project kick-offs at the 3rd Adriatic Flyway Conference
- 03/22/2018 - Palanfré - the white bearded vulture was found dead in Piemonte
- 03/21/2018 - Infogipeto - latest newsletter on the bearded vulture reintroduction project in the Alps just published (in Italian)
- 03/18/2018 - Bearded vulture census and symposium in Stelvio National Park (Italy) – celebrating an extraordinary human and conservation adventure!
- 03/13/2018 - Strange taste for food, but immensely beneficial and vulnerable – vultures in Eastern Rhodopes. They are just brilliant! New film
- 03/12/2018 - Italy – bearded vulture symposium and field count in Stelvio will take place this weekend!
- 03/09/2018 - Wandering Tayeh – the Egyptian vulture in Oman. is staying close to home
- 03/08/2018 - Some of the women behind our vulture conservation work
- 03/07/2018 - The most recent newsletter of IUCN´s Vulture Specialist Group published
- 03/06/2018 - Here comes the next one - Egyptian vulture Faia is on her way north!
- 03/05/2018 - Egyptian vultures go into the classroom in the Douro!
- 03/04/2018 - More bad news from Africa – 87 vultures poisoned to death in Mozambique
- 03/02/2018 - Dispatches from the field: 3 pairs of bearded vultures incubating in Vanoise while breeding has been confirmed (at long last!) in the Écrins (Alps)
- 03/01/2018 - New paper: Antibiotics found in carcasses left in vulture supplementary feeding sites in Portugal
- 02/27/2018 - Diary of the migration – the journey of the Egyptian vulture Douro
- 02/26/2018 - Mourning bearded vulture Durzon
- 02/25/2018 - Korea peninsula - cinereous vultures know no borders too!
- 02/24/2018 - The African vulture crisis continues – yet another mass poisoning of vultures (and carnivores) in Tanzania
- 02/22/2018 - Egyptian vulture Douro has now crossed the Atlas Mountains and is around Marrakesh – soon he will be in Gibraltar
- 02/21/2018 - 15 Important facts about the use of poison in Portugal
- 02/20/2018 - Cinereous vulture tagged and released back to the wild in Jordan – in images
- 02/19/2018 - Somewhere in Oman, there is an Egyptian vulture looking for a name – will you help us choose one?
- 02/19/2018 - What are Egyptian vultures doing in Oman? – Research and conservation action supported by the VCF
- 02/16/2018 - Egyptian vulture Douro starts its migration to Europe!
- 02/12/2018 - Bearded vulture Roc Genèse is in Buseu!
- 02/11/2018 - When age does not matter – 48 years old bearded vulture is still breeding
- 02/10/2018 - Cinereous vulture flyway action plan featured in this month´s Quercus magazine
- 02/09/2018 - An update on the bearded vulture captive-breeding season – lots of eggs, chicks hatching now
- 02/08/2018 - Good news from the Alps – early start of the breeding season and already two new pairs of bearded vultures!
- 02/06/2018 - Italy – bearded vulture symposium and field count in Stelvio to be organised in March
- 02/05/2018 - More Andean condors poisoned in Colombia, while Carbofuran confirmed in Argentina
- 02/02/2018 - First for Jordan – cinereous vulture tagged and released back to the wild – He is now wintering in Saudi
- 02/01/2018 - Whooshh! An adult bearded vulture alights near a webcam in the Gran Paradiso National Park
- 01/31/2018 - New vulture book for children (in German) - Geier Georg auf der Flucht
- 01/29/2018 - Bearded vultures - and one of the most remarkable wildlife comeback stories of our times - features in Geographical
- 01/27/2018 - We have a baby! The first bearded vulture of the season hatched in Haringsee (Austria)
- 01/26/2018 - Wild Pyrenean bearded vulture released back to the wild after successful rehabilitation in Vallcalent
- 01/25/2018 - The "silent killer" decimates Andean condors in Argentina - at least 34 poisoned in the mountains of Mendoza
- 01/22/2018 - VOLUNTEER Technical document translation (German - English)
- 01/21/2018 - Bearded vultures in the French Pyrenees safer from disturbance from helicopter overflights
- 01/19/2018 - 39 eggs and counting in the bearded vulture captive breeding network - like this one in La Garenne Zoo
- 01/17/2018 - With more snowstorms coming to the Alps this week, bearded vultures are… breeding!
- 01/16/2018 - An European vulture in Mauritania - and an African one in Spain
- 01/15/2018 - New paper: eggshell thickness from bearded vulture eggs from the Pyrenees decreased abruptly after 2004
- 01/14/2018 - Two cinereous vultures found dead, presumably poisoned, in Thrace (Greece)
- 01/13/2018 - Two griffons born in Amsterdam zoo transported to Sardinia to restock the wild population
- 01/12/2018 - Tagging of Ruppell´s vultures – in Africa and Spain
- 01/11/2018 - The VCF is hiring 3 new staff members!
- 01/10/2018 - Why do foraging Spanish vultures stop at the border with Portugal? Because of different sanitary policies!
- 01/09/2018 - Video: Anti-collision markers put on a high-voltage line with a drone (LIFE GYPHELP)
- 01/08/2018 - 29 eggs and counting – busy period in the bearded vulture captive breeding network!
- 01/06/2018 - Rehabilitated griffons returned to the wild in southern Portugal
- 01/05/2018 - Bearded vultures featured in Le Monde
- 01/04/2018 - 10 year old Spanish griffon vulture found dead in Bulgaria
- 01/03/2018 - The VCF top stories for 2017
- 12/31/2017 - Happy New Year!
- 12/27/2017 - Bulgarian partners visit nest platforms for cinereous vultures in Portugal
- 12/26/2017 - Cinereous Vulture Flyway Action Plan published
- 12/24/2017 - The VCF wishes you a Merry Xmas!
- 12/21/2017 - New book about raptors (and vultures) in Italy
- 12/20/2017 - Another 22 griffon vultures sent from Spain for reintroduction in Bulgaria
- 12/18/2017 - Another NSAID turns out to be lethal to vultures – in the meantime diclofenac is still being sold in Europe!
- 12/17/2017 - Egyptian vulture conservation in Sicily – project LIFE Conrasi
- 12/11/2017 - Black vultures continue to increase in Mallorca – 2017 was again a record breeding year
- 12/09/2017 - Bearded vulture Adonis, the great traveler, is back in the Grands Causses!
- 12/08/2017 - The status of cinereous vultures in Armenia
- 12/05/2017 - One less griffon vulture in Cyprus – only 20 left on the island
- 12/04/2017 - The (happy?) tale of a griffon vulture in Sudan
- 12/03/2017 - Tragic end for a Balkan Egyptian vulture – killed in Niger for bushmeat
- 12/02/2017 - 1st egg of the 2017-2018 breeding season in the Bearded vulture captive breeding network
- 12/01/2017 - Another VCF milestone – final drafts of the European International Species Actions Plans for the bearded vulture and the cinereous vulture produced
- 11/30/2017 - First release of critically endangered captive-bred vultures in Nepal
- 11/29/2017 - Griffon vultures die electrocuted in the Italian Eastern Alps
- 11/28/2017 - New vulture trail and displays just opened in the Parc Naturel Régional du Vercors (French Alps)
- 11/27/2017 - Anti-poisoning dog unit from LIFE Grifone key to first ever judicial prosecution of a large-scale poisoning incident in Sardinia
- 11/26/2017 - The status of Egyptian Vulture in Armenia - 50 + pairs
- 11/25/2017 - Last chance to see the spectacular documentary on our LIFE GYPCONNECT on ARTE
- 11/24/2017 - New bearded vulture captive-breeding centre established in Armenia, with support from the VCF and Pro-Bartgeier
- 11/23/2017 - URGENT REQUEST: document proof reading
- 11/22/2017 - The "silent killer" decimates vultures in the heart of Europe - at least 15 griffons poisoned in the mountains of Granada
- 11/21/2017 - The guirre blues – or the song of the Canary islands Egyptian vulture
- 11/20/2017 - Five out of five! Egyptian vulture Faia re-surfaced in Mali after two months
- 11/19/2017 - Second record of White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus) for Morocco
- 11/16/2017 - Bearded vultures – and the LIFE GYPCONNECT– on the big screen – and in your living room
- 11/15/2017 - Census of roosting griffon vultures in the Balkans – 25th November 2017
- 11/13/2017 - 4 Black vultures - and a potential bearded vulture - crossing the Gibraltar strait to Africa!
- 11/09/2017 - RUPIS project partners discuss the progress on the fight against poison in the Douro canyon
- 11/07/2017 - Egyptian vultures – and our LIFE RUPIS – on this month´s edition of National Geographic Portugal
- 11/06/2017 - The silent killing goes on in Africa – 49 vultures poisoned in Limpopo National Park (Mozambique) close to Kruger National Park
- 11/04/2017 - Indian courts ban multi-dose vials of Diclofenac – another step in the right direction to save Southern Asia vultures from extinction
- 11/03/2017 - Bearded vultures in the Alps - come to Passy (Haute Savoie) next weekend (12th November) to participate in one of several public events
- 11/02/2017 - Finally flying - the harrowing story of the young bearded vulture Mison
- 11/01/2017 - Three captive bearded vultures die because of West Nile virus - a serious threat for the International Bearded Vulture captive breeding program
- 10/31/2017 - Vultures took center stage at the COP12 CMS – more protection for 10 species and the vulture Multispecies Action Plan approved!
- 10/27/2017 - Dispatches from Manila III: More good news for Vultures from the CMS COP12 – ten species of Asian and African vultures uplisted to Appendix 1
- 10/25/2017 - After one month, Egyptian vulture Poiares comes back to LIFE in Senegal
- 10/24/2017 - Dispatches from Manila (CMS COP12) II: Vulture MsAP endorsed for adoption by the CMS!
- 10/23/2017 - Perceptions of vultures in France: a sociological study
- 10/22/2017 - Dispatches from Manila (CMS COP12): a step change for Vulture conservation needed – Vulture MsAP
- 10/21/2017 - Because today is Saturday - Vulture drinks anyone?
- 10/19/2017 - The most recent newsletter of IUCN´s Vulture Specialist Group published
- 10/18/2017 - Great perspectives for vultures in France – 23ème Rencontre du Groupe Vautours
- 10/16/2017 - Adult Egyptian vulture seen in Sardinia
- 10/12/2017 - The saga of bearded vulture Flamadel – a huge veterinary challenge!
- 10/11/2017 - IOD 2017 - a day out in the mountains to count bearded vultures
- 10/10/2017 - Killing of a bearded vulture in Spain – suspects identified!
- 10/07/2017 - Griffon vultures shot in Armenia – parts of the Caucasus and the Middle East continues to be a sink for vultures and other soaring birds
- 10/06/2017 - Egyptian vulture Douro reaches its winter grounds too!
- 10/05/2017 - LIFE killed by poison in Sardinia
- 10/03/2017 - The International bearded vulture observation day is this Saturday (7th October) – last chance for you to join us in the Alps!
- 10/01/2017 - Egyptian vulture Rupis arrived at the wintering area in Mali
- 09/30/2017 - Eight more black vultures from Andalusia (Spain) transferred for the reintroduction project in France
- 09/28/2017 - Can´t miss it - the 2017 bearded vulture meeting is coming – 10-12 November, Passy, Haute-Savoie (French Alps)
- 09/26/2017 - An update on griffon vultures in Croatia – 100+ breeding pairs
- 09/25/2017 - Finally Egyptian vulture Poiares goes to Africa too
- 09/24/2017 - Breaking news: Germans voted overwhelmingly for vultures!
- 09/22/2017 - Bearded vulture Lea is flying again in the Alps!
- 09/21/2017 - All about vautours – the French national conference on vultures is coming!
- 09/20/2017 - The International bearded vulture observation day is coming (7-8 October) – join us in the Alps!
- 09/19/2017 - The Africa vulture crisis continues unabated – at least 45 vultures poisoned in Mozambique
- 09/18/2017 - And there goes Rupis!
- 09/15/2017 - Apollo made its way to Tunisia!
- 09/13/2017 - All together for vultures in Extremadura (Spain)
- 09/10/2017 - Interesting observation of a black vulture at the Romanian Black Sea coast
- 09/09/2017 - 360 griffons at Lago di Cornino – a new record for Italy
- 09/08/2017 - Migration time - Egyptian vultures on the move!
- 09/05/2017 - Black vulture seen in Lisbon
- 09/04/2017 - Almost 2500 griffon vultures counted summering in the western Alps in 2017 – an increase of 40% on previous years
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 6 – vet diclofenac - did you know…?
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 5 – European vultures - did you know…?
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 4 – European black vulture – did you know…?
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 3 – Egyptian vulture – did you know…?
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 2 – Bearded vulture – did you know…?
- 09/02/2017 - International Vulture Day is today – Post 1 - Griffon vulture – did you know…?
- 08/31/2017 - And there goes Douro!
- 08/30/2017 - International Vulture Awareness Day is coming – some of our zoo partners are organizing great events!
- 08/26/2017 - Egyptian vulture Faia is already in Africa!
- 08/25/2017 - Three Egyptian vultures tagged in the Douro named – and one of them has already started the migration to Africa.
- 08/24/2017 - Another step towards the adoption of the Vulture MsAP – all together 4 Vultures!
- 08/23/2017 - Mixed results in this year´s experimental release of captive-bred Egyptian vultures in Italy – 1 bird died and 2 had to be recaptured, but Apollo is doing well
- 08/22/2017 - Bearded vulture reintroduction projects 2017 - stories from the field II: Cleo broke her wing just before release but is still flying free above Andalusia
- 08/21/2017 - Bearded vulture reintroduction projects 2017 - stories from the field I: the long flight of Durzon!
- 08/20/2017 - Two bearded vulture chicks fledge in the wild in Andalusia
- 08/18/2017 - International Vulture Awareness Day is already on the 2nd September!
- 08/17/2017 - 85% decline of an urban Hooded Vulture population in Dakar, Senegal, over 50 years – new paper
- 08/16/2017 - Young Egyptian vultures flying everywhere in the Douro canyon
- 08/14/2017 - The beauty of vultures, the extremely important ecosystem services they provide, and the danger of veterinary diclofenac – on tv
- 08/12/2017 - Man faces 1,5 years in prison and a $115,000 fine for killing a California Condor last year
- 08/08/2017 - Looking back to another successful bearded vulture release season – but two birds unfortunately died
- 08/08/2017 - New paper – southern Africa bearded vultures productivity is decreasing
- 08/06/2017 - Bearded vulture seen in Poland
- 08/05/2017 - Vote to name three Egyptian vultures tagged in the Douro
- 08/04/2017 - Griffon breeding colony in Portugal significantly affected by major fire
- 08/03/2017 - Spanish court confirms that an electricity utility should pay a fine of 26,000€ for the electrocution of vultures
- 07/27/2017 - A survey of attitudes towards vulture conservation in the Bulgarian Rodopi regions
- 07/26/2017 - The bearded vulture in the French Pyrenees – 43 pairs last year, 44 this year, and an improvement of productivity after a decade of stagnation
- 07/25/2017 - One more Egyptian vulture has been captured and tagged in the Douro – 5 so far!
- 07/24/2017 - Griffon vultures tagged in Lago di Cornino (Italy) – follow their movements in our home page
- 07/21/2017 - La VCF e altre organizzazioni europee di conservazione della natura richiedono il divieto dell’uso veterinario del Diclofenac, un farmaco che uccide gli avvolto
- 07/21/2017 - The VCF and four other European nature conservation organizations call for a ban on veterinary diclofenac, a drug that kills vultures
- 07/19/2017 - Bearded vultures in the Alps – with 45 territories, another record-breaking breeding season
- 07/18/2017 - Black vulture breeds successfully for the third year in a row in Alentejo (Portugal)
- 07/17/2017 - The Ecosystem services provided by vultures
- 07/16/2017 - Newsletter of the LIFE Re Vultures project is out!
- 07/15/2017 - The 2017 Alpine summering griffon vulture census is coming – 19th August
- 07/14/2017 - EU visits the LIFE Rupis project
- 07/12/2017 - News from the LIFE Re vultures – more griffon vultures from the Rodopes-Dadia area (Bulgaria/Greece) tracked
- 07/10/2017 - The Africa vulture crisis continues unabated – at least 100 vultures poisoned in two separate incidents
- 07/06/2017 - Tomorrow´s Greek vultures will depend on today´s Greek children
- 07/05/2017 - Bearded vultures and lead poisoning – lead-free pilot sites on the cards in the French Pyrenees
- 07/04/2017 - Training of Portuguese partners on tagging vultures with GPS tags
- 07/03/2017 - The adventures of a cinereous vulture in Jordan
- 07/02/2017 - Have you ever seen a pig flying? And a griffon swimming?
- 07/01/2017 - New paper – bearded vulture foraging behaviour in the Pyrenees unaffected by policy-driven carcass management measures
- 06/30/2017 - Even Meerkats detect the decline of African vultures! (paper)
- 06/29/2017 - All Egyptian vulture’s roads lead to the Douro – or the case of Tizón!
- 06/29/2017 - Help needed for translation of Der Falke magazine from German to English
- 06/27/2017 - Unlikely heroes behind the bearded vulture captive breeding programme – Andreas Eder and the animal transport van from Schönbrunn Zoo
- 06/26/2017 - Black vulture shows up in the eastern Alps
- 06/25/2017 - The bearded vulture in Corsica in 2017: 4 pairs and no breeding in the wild, but the young released as part of the restocking programme doing well
- 06/24/2017 - Der Falke special edition on vultures now available to order
- 06/23/2017 - Griffon vultures are breeding again in Cyprus and recolonised area not used for years
- 06/22/2017 - Barcelona Zoo sent 3 captive-bred griffons for the vulture reintroduction project in Bulgaria
- 06/21/2017 - Adult bearded vulture rescued and re-released back to the wild in the French Alps
- 06/20/2017 - Guidelines for feeding bearded vultures in captivity are now also available in French
- 06/18/2017 - Observarribas is here!
- 06/17/2017 - New paper on guidelines for evaluation and treatment of lead poisoning of wild raptors
- 06/15/2017 - Looking for (bearded vulture) Kilian
- 06/14/2017 - Two adult Egyptian vultures have been captured and tagged in the Douro – another great milestone in the LIFE RUPIS project
- 06/12/2017 - What have Jana and Tempestosa, the two griffons tagged in Sardinia, been up to?
- 06/09/2017 - Two more bearded vultures released yesterday in Andalusia
- 06/07/2017 - Saving the bearded vulture in Corsica – Luna and Ercu released last weekend
- 06/06/2017 - Diet of Egyptian vulture in Sicily
- 06/05/2017 - Two young Spanish bearded vultures will be released in the Swiss Mountains today
- 06/04/2017 - 5 more bearded vultures released back into the wild yesterday by VCF and its partners – 2 in Vercors (Pre-Alps), 2 in Corsica and 1 in Andalucia
- 06/02/2017 - Adult Egyptian vulture released in the Douro after being found weakened
- 06/01/2017 - Great news from Andalusia – the two breeding pairs of bearded vulture continue to raise their young in Cazorla!
- 05/31/2017 - 7th bearded vulture of 2017 to be released in Grands Causses tomorrow – 11 still to go!
- 05/30/2017 - Dutch birders get Lucky! Bearded vulture released in Austria last year delights birdwatchers across the Netherlands
- 05/27/2017 - One young bearded vulture was released in Cazorla – the first of six this year
- 05/26/2017 - Help needed for translation of Der Falke magazine from German to English
- 05/25/2017 - New supplementary feeding point established in the LIFE RUPIS project– and almost immediately up to 10 Egyptian vultures fed there!
- 05/24/2017 - A first for Sweden – young, probably wild, bearded vulture seen in the country
- 05/23/2017 - Egyptian vultures also seem to favour mud bathing to gain colour – but why?
- 05/22/2017 - Over 90 vultures poisoned in Africa - sad news on the International Biodiversity Day
- 05/20/2017 - Who is the culprit when a bone falls on your roof?
- 05/19/2017 - Another young bearded vulture in the Netherlands and Germany
- 05/16/2017 - Bearded vultures Leoux & ProNatura released in Baronnies with hundreds of people celebrating one of the most remarkable wildlife comeback stories of our times
- 05/13/2017 - Two more bearded vultures will be released tomorrow in Baronnies – following the first successful release of the season in the Grands Causses on the 2nd of May
- 05/12/2017 - The symbolic representation of vultures across civilizations – a review
- 05/10/2017 - Scattering of black vulture observations in northern France attests to the species increase in the country
- 05/09/2017 - LIFE RUPIS - An analysis of poisoning cases in the Spanish side of the Douro canyon
- 05/07/2017 - Breeding bearded vultures in captivity – in the words of a volunteer
- 05/06/2017 - Bearded vulture Roc Genèse came back to its natal area in the Pre-Pyrenees – his brother Flamadel could not be tagged
- 05/05/2017 - Help needed to transport magazines from Germany to Switzerland
- 05/04/2017 - Egyptian vulture Rupis busy flying around the Douro area – but will probably not breed this year
- 05/03/2017 - The most recent newsletter of IUCN´s Vulture Specialist Group published
- 05/01/2017 - Black vulture Bernardus is back in France!
- 04/30/2017 - Reintroducing bearded vultures to the wild – first release of the Spring this week in the Grands Causses!
- 04/28/2017 - Third newsletter of the LIFE+ GYPCONNECT published – linking bearded vultures from the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 04/26/2017 - Egyptian vultures Tobia and Sara, now
on their 3rd year, are still in Africa!
- 04/25/2017 - The
VCF is supporting colleagues in South Africa to establish a captive-breeding
programme for the bearded vulture
- 04/23/2017 - Ostrava Zoo runs campaign for the VCF – and produces one bearded
vulture chick too
- 04/20/2017 - Egyptian Vultures and Bone crushing factories
in Uttar Pradesh, India – a curious relationship
- 04/19/2017 - Egyptian
vulture Rupis is home!
- 04/18/2017 - 14 pairs of black vulture – in Boumort (Spanish
Pyrenees) – 8 are still breeding
- 04/17/2017 - 2016 Report on the black vulture captive breeding
- 04/16/2017 - Easter eggs? Or how decades of experience
contribute to breed bearded vultures in captivity for conservation
- 04/15/2017 - Rupis about
to cross the Gibraltar strait!
- 04/14/2017 - Taking a stand for vultures
- 04/12/2017 - Egyptian
vulture Rupis is on the way to Iberia!
- 04/11/2017 - Spectacular aerial duel between bearded vultures in the French
Alps results in the death of one of them
- 04/10/2017 - Bearded
vultures in the Alps – on course for another record-breaking breeding season
- 04/09/2017 - 31 vultures dead after being hit by a train in India
- 04/08/2017 - Poisoning
incident in Kresna Gorge (Bulgaria) gets even bigger – a total of 18 griffon
vultures now confirmed dead
- 04/07/2017 - Bearded vulture “Lea” (released in Austria in 2015) has been recovered
weakened in Temú (Italy), near National Park Stelvio – probably a victim of
- 04/06/2017 - Black vulture Bernardus is on the move again!
- 04/05/2017 - And
the survey of breeding Egyptian vultures started in the Douro canyons …
- 04/04/2017 - A poacher kills the last black vulture in Alinyà, Spain
- 04/01/2017 - Young wandering bearded vulture now in northern Germany, on the North Sea.
- 03/31/2017 - Egyptian
vulture “falls from the sky” – rare accident kills breeding bird in Portugal
- 03/30/2017 - Massive poisoning incident(s) in Kresna George, Bulgaria, deals a blow to the recovering Balkan griffon vulture population
- 03/29/2017 - Griffons in peril in Cyprus –
only 21 birds left and no breeding in the last two years
- 03/28/2017 - New research
project on the presence of diclofenac and other anti-inflammatory drugs in
avian scavengers in the Iberian Peninsula
- 03/27/2017 - Two pairs – and two chicks – in the bearded vulture reintroduction
project in Andalusia!
- 03/26/2017 - Breeding bearded vultures for reintroduction:
a tale of a successful adoption of hatchling in Guadalentin
- 03/23/2017 - 2016 bearded vulture captive breeding season annual report just published – record breaking season, 27 young produced & 17 reintroduced back to the wild
- 03/22/2017 - How
many bearded vultures are there in the Alps? See results from the 2016
International Observation day (simultaneous census)
- 03/21/2017 - Vultures indirectly regulate the abundance of foxes through
limiting their access to carrion - new paper
- 03/19/2017 - LIFE RE-Vultures - news from the Rhodopes at the project annual meeting
- 03/17/2017 - Human persecution still a threat
to Himalayan bearded vultures
- 03/16/2017 - 25 griffon Vultures from Extremadura
(Spain) on the way to Sardinia (Italy)
- 03/15/2017 - A visitor from Spain in the LIFE Rupis area
- 03/13/2017 - The young bearded vulture is now in the Netherlands...
- 03/12/2017 - Jana
and Tempestosa: Two griffon vultures released in Sardinia within LIFE Grifone
- 03/11/2017 - Bearded vultures and lead
poisoning – The Cévennes National Park (France) is promoting lead-free hunting
- 03/10/2017 - Young wandering bearded vulture still in Germany!
- 03/08/2017 - Infogipeto - latest newsletter on the bearded vulture reintroduction project in the Alps just published (in Italian)
- 03/06/2017 - Portuguese police establishes the first-ever anti-poisoning
dog teams in northern Portugal – soon they will start patrolling the LIFE RUPIS
- 03/05/2017 - Bearded vultures in
the Alps – looks like we are having another great breeding season!
- 03/04/2017 - Bearded vulture
clutch extracted from a wild nest in Corsica again – part of a plan to save this
highly endangered population from extinction
- 03/02/2017 - Frustration – and then hope – with the only black vulture pair in Douro International
- 03/01/2017 - Bernardus has overwintered in Toledo (Spain). Where will she go in Spring?
- 02/28/2017 - Griffon vultures and livestock activities –
the French national action plan to decrease potential problems is now available
for public consultation
- 02/25/2017 - Three black vultures to be released tomorrow in the
Gorges du Verdon (France)
- 02/24/2017 - Bearded Vulture in Western Germany
- 02/21/2017 - Hundreds of vulture experts ask for a global ban of veterinary diclofenac
- while the government of Portugal is considering to approve it!
- 02/20/2017 - Bearded vultures and lead poisoning –
National Park Hohe Tauern (Austria) is promoting lead-free hunting practices
- 02/18/2017 - One step closer to the Vulture multi-Species
- 02/17/2017 - After Andalusia, bearded vultures are also
breeding in Picos de Europa
- 02/15/2017 - Two more griffons electrocuted in
- 02/13/2017 - And they are out - first two baby bearded vultures of the season
hatched in Guadalentin
- 02/12/2017 - New
data reveals there are 11-12 pairs of bearded vultures in Armenia
- 02/11/2017 - Good outcomes at the Middle-East regional workshop for the Vulture
multi-Species Action Plan
- 02/03/2017 - 10,000 people for vultures!
- 02/02/2017 - Public consultation on the Draft Flyway
Action Plan for the Conservation of the Balkan and
Central Asian Populations of the Egyptian
- 01/30/2017 - New poisoning
case in the LIFE RUPIS area – fortunately no vultures dead, but a serious
reminder that the silent killer is a real threat
- 01/29/2017 - Bringing Egyptian
vultures and LIFE RUPIS to the local school children
- 01/25/2017 - TeamVCF will join the
Champions of the Flyway!
- 01/25/2017 - Tono and Blimunda lay an egg again in Andalusia – after the
first ever successful breeding in the wild in 2015 following reintroduction,
and after a gap in 2016
- 01/23/2017 - New paper on ranging of Pyrenean bearded vultures:
supplementary feeding not that important (at least for breeding adults), and half of home ranges
- 01/20/2017 - Bearded vulture captive breeding: Old
ladies come to the rescue
- 01/18/2017 - News from LIFE RUPIS: Supplementary feeding points ready
to receive the Egyptian vultures coming from Africa. And they are helping the
local black vultures too!
- 01/17/2017 - Female Egyptian vultures have lower
survival and start breeding earlier than males in Central-North Spain
- 01/16/2017 - Egyptian vulture in France in 2016 – a
summary: smaller population but average breeding productivity and a good number
of young ringed
- 01/15/2017 - An
analysis of poisoning cases in the Portuguese side of the Douro canyon
- 01/14/2017 - News from the bearded vulture pairs in Andalusia: Hortelano
& Marchena are in fine breeding plumage and going through all the breeding
antics (see video)
- 01/13/2017 - Better and
better at our bearded vulture captive breeding network – mortality rate
decreases significantly while the average age at death increases!
- 01/12/2017 - 135 pairs of Endangered Egyptian vultures in the Douro
- 01/11/2017 - The number of griffon
vultures breeding and roosting in Eastern Rhodopes continues to increase
- 01/09/2017 - Girun and Volcaire doing well – and
have been celebrated by a Côtes du Rhône wine!
- 01/08/2017 - News
from LIFE GYPCONNECT: Bearded vulture Roc Genèse is a male, is
now in Spain, and its parents are breeding again
- 01/06/2017 - News from the LIFE Re
vultures – griffon and black vultures from the Rodopes-Dadia area (Bulgaria/Greece) tracked
- 01/04/2017 - Tracking
bearded vultures in Nepal – new research project by Tulsi Subedi
- 01/03/2017 - Bearded
vultures in our captive breeding network kept laying eggs during Xmas and new
- 12/31/2016 - Happy New Year from the VCF - thank you for your support during 2016
- 12/30/2016 - A good end to a sad
story - Adult bearded vulture found injured and lead-poisoned in the French Pyrenees successfully rehabilitated and released
- 12/27/2016 - Adonis – the bearded vulture last recorded in Romania,
where a beer was named after it, is now back in the French Pre-Alps!
- 12/26/2016 - The Corsican
bearded vulture chick extracted from an unproductive nest earlier this year is a female and is doing well!
- 12/19/2016 - Egyptian vulture ringed in France
observed in Sicily
- 12/18/2016 - Griffon tagged and released in Sardinia under the Life Under the project
Griffon Wings project
- 12/16/2016 - Bearded vultures in the Alps are also breeding!
- 12/15/2016 - News from
Rupis: still in Mali
- 12/14/2016 - First
bearded vulture in Israel for more than 10 years – and a bounty of black
- 12/13/2016 - The Junta de Andalusia handed
over to the VCF 7 Black Vultures for the reintroduction project in France
- 12/10/2016 - First
eggs of the season in the bearded vulture captive-breeding network!
- 12/07/2016 - Migration bottlenecks of Balkan Egyptian
percnopterus tracked by satellite telemetry
- 12/06/2016 - The bearded vulture breeding season is starting across Europe´s mountain
- 12/05/2016 - Landscape factors affecting territory
occupancy and breeding success of Egyptian Vultures on the Balkan Peninsula:
- 12/02/2016 - “Who tagged this griffon?”
- 12/01/2016 - After failing in the last 4 years, the only bearded vulture pair in Andorra successfully fledged a chick this year - see the incredible images
- 11/30/2016 - Lead poisoning
and vultures: new scientific contributions
- 11/28/2016 - Annual bearded vulture meeting 2016 – Conclusions
- 11/26/2016 - Juan José Sánchez Artés
(1962-2016) – celebratory video
- 11/25/2016 - Special edition of DER FALKE on vultures just published
- 11/24/2016 - A staggering 750+ Egyptian vultures
counted together in Oman last weekend – one of the highest counts ever of this
species in the wintering grounds
- 11/23/2016 - Second
newsletter of the LIFE+ GYPCONNECT published – linking bearded vultures from
the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 11/22/2016 - The incredible
story of the griffon trapped inside a horse carcass
- 11/18/2016 - A second bearded vulture territorial pair confirmed in Andalusia
- 11/17/2016 - Juan José Sánchez Artés
- 11/15/2016 - The 2016 Annual bearded vulture
meeting a great success!
- 11/06/2016 - Hello from some urban Egyptian vultures!
- 11/04/2016 - Vultures
galore at the European Vulture Multi-species Action Plan Workshop held in
Extremadura – and some great conclusions too!
- 11/02/2016 - Nuremberg Zoo has new aviary for their captive bearded vulture pair
- 11/01/2016 - Bernardus goes south again
- 10/23/2016 - New bearded vulture
breeding season is just starting!
- 10/21/2016 - Key vulture workshop to be held next week in Monfrague (Spain) - to develop the European Vulture Multi-species Action Plan
- 10/20/2016 - Oldest ever
lappet-faced vulture (Torgos tracheliotus) registered in South Africa
- 10/19/2016 - Milestone in the
Californian condor project – first chick to fledge in the wild at Pinnacles
National Park left its nest
- 10/18/2016 - Cheers for Adonis – Romanian beer company makes a
special edition named after the long staying bearded vulture
- 10/17/2016 - Poison surfaces again in
key vulture area in Bulgaria
- 10/14/2016 - Rupis is wintering in Mali – very close to Tizón!
- 10/11/2016 - The Africa vulture crisis continues unabated
- at least 51 vultures poisoned in Limpopo National Park (Mozambique)
- 10/10/2016 - Esperanza – the first
bearded vulture wild born in Andalucía in 30+ years, has been to Gredos
- 10/09/2016 - A
first for France – LIFE GYPHELP puts anti-collision markers on a high-voltage
line with a drone
- 10/08/2016 - Captive-bred Egyptian vulture Elodie makes it to Africa after Regina and
Lom tragically drown in the Med
- 10/06/2016 - International observation day is this weekend – join us!
Last year 700 volunteers counted ~190 bearded vultures, or 70%
of the estimated Alpine population
- 10/04/2016 - Dark year
for bearded vultures in Andalusia – two more birds found poisoned in the last
weeks, total for this year 3
- 10/01/2016 - Rupis crossed the Sahara – he is now in Mauritania!
- 09/30/2016 - Release of an injured Griffon in LIFE RUPIS project area
- 09/27/2016 - Black vulture collided with plane
landing in Mallorca
- 09/25/2016 - TV
report on LIFE GYPCONNECT
- 09/25/2016 - LIFE GYPCONNECT – LIFE14
NAT/FR/000050 – partners meet in Quillan (Aude, France) to evaluate work done
and plan next phases of the project
- 09/24/2016 - And suddenly… Egyptian vulture Rupis quickly migrated to
- 09/22/2016 - Tragic news from captive-bred Egyptian
vultures Regina and Lom – both drowned while trying to cross the Mediterranean
- 09/21/2016 - Get out – these mountains
are mine! Says the bearded vulture to the griffon vulture
- 09/20/2016 - Results of the bearded vulture breeding season in the Alps 2016 – 43
breeding pairs, 25 chicks fledged, best year ever!
- 09/19/2016 - Black
vulture shows up in Serbia again
- 09/13/2016 - Kira is no longer flying
- 09/09/2016 - Second captive-bred Egyptian vulture released
in Bulgaria is also migrating – Lom follows Regina, while the latter flies
south to Cyprus!
- 09/08/2016 - International vulture awareness day - griffons will be
released this Saturday in Badajoz
- 09/07/2016 - Regina – the captive-bred
Egyptian vulture released in Bulgaria – is now in Turkey on its way south
- 09/05/2016 - 192 black vultures
fledged from nests in Andalucía (Spain) - the second best result ever since
- 09/03/2016 - The
International Vulture Awareness Day is today. Let´s all celebrate vultures!
- 09/02/2016 - Three captive-bred Egyptian vultures fledged successfully
from their hacking cavity in Bulgaria
- 08/30/2016 - Who will bring the Spring
if the Egyptian vultures is extinct? See video
- 08/28/2016 - New paper on a new
Gypaetinae vulture fossil species from China
- 08/27/2016 - Breaking news – vulture seen in London!
- 08/26/2016 - Collisions of griffons with
commercial aircraft at Madrid airport
- 08/24/2016 - Decline of Indian vultures forced the Parsis to change their traditions and
accept cremations as an alternative to sky burial
- 08/23/2016 - How are the three captive-bred
Egyptian vultures released in Bulgaria doing? An update from the field
- 08/22/2016 - New film on the release of bearded vultures Lucky and Charlie in Hohe Tauern National Park (Austria)
- 08/19/2016 - Update on the endangered Canary Islands Egyptian vulture
- 08/18/2016 - Bearded vulture Roc
Genèse wandering around in the Pyrenees
- 08/16/2016 - The 2016 Alpine summering griffon vulture census is already this weeked (20
August 2016 ) – last chance to participate!
- 08/15/2016 - Update on the efforts
to establish captive breeding programme for the Southern Africa bearded vulture
- 08/14/2016 - Three captive-bred Egyptian vultures were
released in Northern Bulgaria
- 08/12/2016 - VCF and the Swiss Foundation Pro Bartgeier release new film about the reintroduction of bearded vultures
in the Swiss Alps
- 08/10/2016 - Three more captive-bred Egyptian vultures
will be released this year in Bulgaria
- 08/09/2016 - After a long tour in Slovakia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine
and Romania, bearded vulture Adonis is coming back
- 08/08/2016 - Egyptian vulture Rupis exploring Spain and Portugal
- 08/06/2016 - Black vulture breeds again successfully in Douro International
- 08/05/2016 - Call for volunteers for the 2016 Alpine summering griffon vulture census
– 20 August 2016
- 08/04/2016 - IUCN
opens two positions to work on the Bangladesh vulture conservation initiative
- 08/03/2016 - Causes for breeding failure in Balkan Egyptian
vultures – new report
- 08/01/2016 - The bearded vulture in Corsica – summary of the current situation
- 07/31/2016 - Remember the Egyptian vultures Tobia and Sara? They are still in Africa!
- 07/29/2016 - Bad news this time: Bearded
Vulture Larzac found dead in northern Germany
- 07/27/2016 - First Egyptian vulture captured and tagged in the Douro
- 07/26/2016 - Girun and Volcaire flying high!
- 07/25/2016 - First
newsletter of the LIFE+ GYPCONNECT published – linking bearded vultures from
the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 07/23/2016 - Luc Hoffmann – a celebration
- 07/20/2016 - The last bearded vulture released last weekend in Andalusia
- 07/19/2016 - Black
vulture in Mallorca - new record this breeding season with 25 eggs hatched - but some controversy over access to exclusion areas too
- 07/18/2016 - Bearded vultures released in the Baronnies – a new
reintroduction site – finally fledged
- 07/17/2016 - Larzac disappeared in Germany!
Where is he?
- 07/12/2016 - The bearded vulture in the French Alps in 2016
- 07/10/2016 - Et voila Cardabelle appears again!
- 07/09/2016 - The bearded vulture in the French Pyrenees in 2016
- 07/08/2016 - Bearded vulture captive breeding for conservation – 2015 report
- 07/07/2016 - Bearded vulture captive breeding season is over – so birds are now
being transferred across Europe
- 07/06/2016 - Young bearded vulture released in the Grands Causses dies due to
- 07/04/2016 - Larzac is still up north - now in
- 07/02/2016 - Vultures galore in the Douro
- 06/28/2016 - Griffons in northern Denmark – including a Spanish
- 06/26/2016 - Another bearded vulture wandering in northern Europe –
Adonis is now in Belarus!
- 06/25/2016 - Where is Larzac?
- 06/24/2016 - All together for the Egyptian vulture in the Douro valley
- 06/23/2016 - Two young bearded vultures to be released tomorrow in the Hohe
Tauern National Park (Austria)
- 06/22/2016 - Another bearded vulture in Holland – this time a young reintroduced last
year in the Grands Causses (Massif Central, France)
- 06/20/2016 - How bearded
vultures get their orange colour in the wild?
- 06/17/2016 - Another
great bearded vulture release in Andalucia
- 06/15/2016 - Griffon born in captivity in Holland and released in Bulgaria seen in…
- 06/14/2016 - Immature bearded vulture in the
Eastern Italian Alps (Friuli)
- 06/13/2016 - The
6th bearded vulture to be released in Andalucía this year will be put on the
hacking platform today
- 06/12/2016 - Abricot the great voyager
- 06/10/2016 - Egyptian vultures are starting to hatch in Douro
- 06/09/2016 - New manual on how to
fight poisoning published by the Junta de Andalusia
- 06/07/2016 - Carbofuran named as the poison killer of griffon
vultures in Cyprus
- 06/06/2016 - More
than 200 people saw Girun and Volcaire being released in the Baronnies – a new
site in our project to re-establish bearded vultures across Europe
- 06/04/2016 - The griffon vulture that likes the Netherlands
- 06/03/2016 - Three supplementary feeding sites targeting
the Egyptian vulture reactivated in the Douro
- 06/02/2016 - Linking
bearded vultures from the Alps to the Pyrenees: two young bearded vultures will
be released tomorrow in a new site in the Baronnies
- 06/01/2016 - Roc
Genèse fledged from its wild nest in the French Pyrenees
- 05/31/2016 - Restoring bearded vultures across Europe – two more birds released
in the Swiss Alps
- 05/30/2016 - Two more young bearded vultures
released in Lozère
- 05/29/2016 - Tizón is back in Europe!
- 05/27/2016 - Good & bad news from Andalusia: while two more
bearded vultures will be released today in Castril, one bird was found dead– poisoned, elsewhere in the province
- 05/25/2016 - Vagrancy season: two
young bearded vultures flying around northern Europe (UK and Denmark)
- 05/24/2016 - LIFE RUPIS website now online
- 05/23/2016 - Two young bearded vultures will be released tomorrow in the Grands
- 05/21/2016 - Demonstrating the fitting of tags to bearded vultures using Marie-Antoinette
- 05/19/2016 - Cimatella and Muntagnolu equipped with satellite tags
- 05/17/2016 - Young bearded vulture
seen in the UK!
- 05/13/2016 - New paper suggests that nest
guarding and supplementary feeding failed to increase productivity and survival
of Egyptian Vultures in the Balkans
- 05/12/2016 - Young bearded vulture
seen in Belgium
- 05/11/2016 - First bearded
vultures hatched in captivity in Bulgaria feature in National Geographic!
- 05/10/2016 - Three bearded
vultures successfully released in Andalucía
- 05/07/2016 - Captive breeding of Egyptian
vultures – results from 2015
- 05/06/2016 - First three bearded vultures to be released in Andalucía this year
put on the hacking platform today
- 05/04/2016 - Cimatella and
Muntagnolu – two young bearded vultures
– released yesterday in Corsica
- 05/03/2016 - Message from His Serene Highness the Prince Albert II of Monaco to
celebrate the release of two young bearded vultures in Corsica today
- 05/02/2016 - Two bearded vultures to be released tomorrow in Corse – for
the first time ever
- 05/01/2016 - Reintroducing bearded vultures to the wild – release season
is starting soon!
- 04/29/2016 - Bearded vulture in Europe – summary of the 2015 breeding
- 04/28/2016 - Bernardus the black vulture decided to visit our… Egyptian vulture
project site in Portugal-Spain!
- 04/27/2016 - Breeding
black vultures in captivity for conservation - 2015 report
- 04/26/2016 - Wild
bearded vulture nestling tagged in the French pre-Pyrenees
- 04/24/2016 - Captive-bred black vulture "Bernardus" released in Verdon is
now in Portugal
- 04/23/2016 - Working high above the Rhine towards international
species action plans
- 04/22/2016 - New paper vindicates VCF methods –
release of captive-bred bearded vultures the best method to restore populations
- 04/21/2016 - The VCF visited Bulgaria
- 04/18/2016 - Bearded vultures
hatched again in the Balkans
- 04/13/2016 - Preparations
underway for the first ever release of Bearded vultures in Baronnies
- 04/12/2016 - From Vienna to Tallinn and back -
20 hours on the road for bearded vulture conservation
- 04/11/2016 - Egyptian vultures eluded us at the Douro
- 04/10/2016 - Dead bearded vulture found last year in Switzerland had been released in Vercors in 2012
- 04/09/2016 - MORTALITY
CAUSES FOR THE EGYPTIAN VULTURE (NEOPHRON PERCNOPTERUS) IN
BULGARIA AND GREECE (1997-2015)
- 04/08/2016 - The VCF is recruiting two part-time staff members...
- 04/06/2016 - The little Altore has been successfully adopted!
- 04/02/2016 - One altore across
Europe – or how a Corsican bearded vultures chick flew from Bastia to Madrid to
be adopted by a captive pair
- 04/01/2016 - The black vulture in France in 2015 – summary
- 03/30/2016 - Drones and
vultures – a curse or a blessing?
- 03/28/2016 - One step closer to link bearded vulture
populations in the Alps and the Pyrenees
- 03/26/2016 - Two of the four pairs of bearded vultures nesting in the
Parc National de la Vanoise (Alps, France) have been successful
- 03/25/2016 - Our own Easter egg has hatched – Corsican bearded
vulture chick hatches in the lab, a first in the world!
- 03/24/2016 - Vote for the bearded vulture – Nature 2000 awards
- 03/23/2016 - New vulture exhibition at the Allwetterzoo in Münster
- 03/22/2016 - The Egyptian vulture in France: 88 pairs, but a very bad breeding
- 03/17/2016 - New VCF protocol on bleaching bearded vulture feathers
- 03/16/2016 - Bearded vulture egg extracted from nest in
Corsica – first step to save this highly endangered population from extinction
- 03/09/2016 - 22th national vulture conference – France this weekend
- 03/08/2016 - 21 chicks and counting – good breeding season in the bearded
vulture captive breeding network – and a surprising and rare third clutch
- 03/06/2016 - Vultures killed – probably poisoned – in Cyprus. This
incident is a blow to the efforts to recover the endangered island population
of griffon vultures
- 03/03/2016 - A wild bearded vulture found dead in the French Pyrenees - and a whole
network of people mobilizes to find out what killed him!
- 03/02/2016 - Poison continues to kill masses of vultures in Africa and Asia - while
at the same time their value is highlighted in yet another study
- 03/01/2016 - Update on Roman & Herculis, the bearded vultures released last year in Alpi Marittime: Herculis lost its transmitter but is alive! Roman is now in Vanoise
- 02/29/2016 - Do animals recognise their disabilities? Some evidence from bearded vulture Kirma
- 02/25/2016 - Egyptian
vultures increasing in Catalonia
- 02/24/2016 - One more wintering Egyptian vulture caught and tagged
- 02/23/2016 - New paper on
a case study on black vultures and windfarms: High mortality and a novel tool
for EIAs and SEAs on new plans
- 02/22/2016 - New
project for the conservation of black and griffon vultures in the Rhodope
mountains (Bulgaria-Greece) launched
- 02/21/2016 - The Egyptian vulture Tizón is spending its second
summer in Mauritania
- 02/20/2016 - Bearded vultures in the Alps - Update on the breeding season 2015/2016: lots of new pairs established!
- 02/17/2016 - New species for the Netherlands - the bearded vulture!
- 02/16/2016 - New bearded vulture
pairs in the French Alps
- 02/15/2016 - Bearded Vultures lay an egg in Bulgaria for
the first time in 60 years – in captivity, but a good omen for the
- 02/12/2016 - Egyptian vulture research and
monitoring in Oman
- 02/10/2016 - One
step closer to link bearded vulture populations in the Alps and Pyrenees -
- 02/08/2016 - Black
vultures arrived well and safe in France
- 02/07/2016 - A new breeding pair of bearded vultures in Savoie
- 02/05/2016 - Seven more black
vultures on the way to France
- 02/03/2016 - Bearded vulture captive breeding (for
conservation): 47 eggs and counting – and the first chicks!
- 02/02/2016 - American black vultures
used to identify rubbish concentrations in Lima, Peru
- 02/01/2016 - The Junta de Andalusia handed
over today 3 Eurasian Black Vultures to the VCF for the reintroduction projects
and the captivity-breeding programme
- 01/31/2016 - Two black
vultures in China´s biggest city – and some reflections on China´s vultures
- 01/30/2016 - A rare
case of cooperation in the Middle-East: Griffon vulture returned from Lebanon
- 01/27/2016 - The structure of bearded vulture shells and
implications for conservation
- 01/26/2016 - Effectiveness of the
canine units in the fight against poison in Greece – report
- 01/24/2016 - Vultures Back to LIFE – the dream goes on. New
LIFE project for the reintroduction of the black vulture to Bulgaria starts!
- 01/22/2016 - And yet again in Zimbabwe – 41 critically endangered
white-backed vultures poisoned to death
- 01/20/2016 - More good news from Andalucia – second bearded vulture
pair exhibiting breeding behavior
- 01/18/2016 - And the silent killing continues in Africa –
more vultures poisoned in Kenya
- 01/15/2016 - Conclusions and presentations of the seminar
on lead poisoning and bearded vultures published
- 01/14/2016 - Great Audio-book for children on the bearded vulture (in
- 01/12/2016 - First results of the census of summering griffons in the Alps - at least
1700 birds present
- 01/11/2016 - Annual bearded vulture
meeting, November 2015 - the conclusions are now out!
- 01/10/2016 - Restoring vulture populations in the Balkans – from griffon vultures to
- 01/09/2016 - New paper shows that vultures in Asia are still being killed by
diclofenac – years after the ban. Another vet drug (Nimesulide) is also a
- 01/08/2016 - How
many bearded vultures are there in the Alps? First results from the 2015
International Observation day (simultaneous census)
- 01/07/2016 - New paper details dispersion and
movements of bearded vultures Gypaetus barbatus from Corsica
- 01/06/2016 - MONITORING OF A BEARDED VULTURE NEST
WITH CAMERA IN ANDORRA 2011-2015
- 01/04/2016 - New year, another breeding
season – 28 eggs so far in the bearded vulture captive breeding network!
- 12/30/2015 - The highlights of the VCF year
- 12/29/2015 - Bernardus the black vulture is in Doñana National Parc
- 12/28/2015 - Where are Herculis and Roman?
- 12/21/2015 - After Fresnedosa and Jara last winter – four more
overwintering Egyptian vultures captured and tagged yesterday in Extremadura
- 12/20/2015 - Bearded
vultures in the Alps 2015
- 12/19/2015 - The 16 species of Old World Vultures in a sensible evolutionary order - drawing by Katja Wolfram
- 12/18/2015 - Another
massive poisoning of vultures in Africa – this time in Senegal, where there
were no previous reports of widespread poisoning
- 12/17/2015 - The bearded vulture breeding
season is starting!
- 12/16/2015 - Best practice in the work of the specialized anti-poison dog units in
Spain – conference today
- 12/14/2015 - More Spanish black
vultures will soon be on the way to France
- 12/12/2015 - Interesting
observations of black vultures in the Balkans
- 12/09/2015 - 1st egg of the breeding season in the Bearded
vulture captive breeding network
- 12/07/2015 - Africa vulture declines linked
with elephant poaching for Ivory: new paper
- 12/04/2015 - Removal of eggs or chicks has considerable impact in the Pyrenean
population of bearded vultures – new paper
- 12/02/2015 - Four years later… justice at
last! Suspect convicted of poisoning a bearded vulture in Andalucía
- 12/01/2015 - The Egyptian vulture Tizón is back to Mali
- 11/29/2015 - Working together to update the
international species action plan for the bearded vulture (LIFE EUROSAP)
- 11/28/2015 - Black vulture Bernardus goes
south in Spain
- 11/19/2015 - Bearded vultures are flying to Corsica this weekend
- 11/16/2015 - Captive-bred black vulture "Bernardus" released in Verdon is now in Spain
- 11/13/2015 - LIFE+
GYPCONNECT starts – linking bearded vultures from the Alps to the Pyrenees
- 11/12/2015 - Griffon folklore – where did 2 young griffons born in
captivity and released in the eastern Alps end up?
- 11/10/2015 - New guidelines for feeding Bearded Vultures in captivity have been published
by the VCF
- 11/08/2015 - Black
vulture population continues to increase in Andalucía – 360 pairs in 2015
- 11/06/2015 - From the Massif Central to the Alps – bearded vultures
on the move in France
- 11/05/2015 - Iran
bans veterinary diclofenac – in the meanwhile, the EU drags its
feet and continues to threaten Europe’s vultures – sign the petition!
- 11/04/2015 - More black and griffon vultures die near the Avila waste
treatment centre (Spain)
- 10/31/2015 - Black (cinereous) vulture seen in Macedonia – first observation
in the last 10 years
- 10/30/2015 - Esperanza continues to give us hope
- 10/29/2015 - Africa vulture crisis confirmed – six of Africa´s 11
species of vultures have seen their global status worsen in the latest update
of the bird red data list
- 10/27/2015 - Wildlife disease and
intoxication with heavy metals and toxic compounds from agriculture/veterinarian
practices do not seem to be a significant threat to the Eg
- 10/26/2015 - Genetics
explain why vultures are such good scavengers: new paper
- 10/23/2015 - One man´s passion for Spanish griffons - and the diclofenac threat pending over them - video
- 10/22/2015 - LIFE GYPHELP newsletter is out!
- 10/21/2015 - Wild Bearded Vulture “Jacques” released in the French Pyrenees after
- 10/19/2015 - The Egyptian vulture in Algeria
- 10/18/2015 - Bearded vulture collage – happy Sunday
- 10/17/2015 - Halloween at Parc des Oiseaux with
- 10/14/2015 - The Bearded Vulture EEP: a continuously increasing conservation program:
Nikolaev zoo (Ukraine) one of the most recent partners
- 10/13/2015 - Last preparations for the new
bearded vulture breeding season
- 10/12/2015 - Thank you to all the volunteers who have joined us for the International Bearded Vulture Observation Days!
- 10/08/2015 - The International
alpine bearded vulture observation day is this Saturday - come and count bearded
vultures with us in the Alps!
- 10/08/2015 - Bearded vulture exhibition & other events in Haute-Savoie (France)
- 10/04/2015 - Come and count bearded vultures in the Alps with us – International bearded vulture observation day is on the 10th October!
- 10/03/2015 - New hope for the Egyptian vulture in the Douro canyon (Portugal-Spain)
- 10/01/2015 - Mixed news from the captive-bred Egyptian vultures released in Italy –
Aneta drowned in the Med, while Tobia is now in Algeria, and Carmen and Karel
- 09/30/2015 - Lead poisoning and bearded vultures in the
French Alps –significant progress in the seminar this week at Annecy
- 09/27/2015 - The VCF will be tomorrow in Annecy co-leading a seminar on lead poisoning and bearded vultures
- 09/26/2015 - And
he made it to Libya - Tobia the Egyptian vulture had already survived a night in
Malta, now he landed in Misurata
- 09/25/2015 - Tobia the Egyptian vulture
made it to Malta – and survived the ordeal, after having been guarded all night
long by conservationists and the police!
- 09/24/2015 - The story of IFP –
or how vulture conservation is really a transnational affair
- 09/23/2015 - The
VCF was present in the meeting on Mediterranean Raptors held recently in Italy
- 09/22/2015 - Sara made it to
the winter grounds – she is in Niger!
- 09/16/2015 - Seminar on lead poisoning and bearded
vultures – Annecy (Haute Savoie, France), 28 September 2015
- 09/15/2015 - Egyptian Vultures wintering in Extremadura (Spain): a summary
- 09/13/2015 - One more
griffon vulture shot in Lebanon – the Middle East continues to be a sink for
vultures and other soaring birds
- 09/12/2015 - Sara made it to Libya!
- 09/10/2015 - Good breeding season for bearded vultures in
the Alps – more pairs (34) and one more wild born chicks fledged (20) than last year
- 09/09/2015 - Agata drowns in the Mediterranean while Sara has crossed the Messina
strait to Sicily – in the meantime 4 other captive bred Egyptian vultures were
- 09/08/2015 - New paper published on the role of supplementary feeding on the
conservation of Egyptian vultures in France
- 09/05/2015 - Today it is the International Vulture
Awareness Day, and VCF has a message - Ban killer drug diclofenac or Europe’s
vultures may face extinction!
- 09/03/2015 - Spreading the word – vultures are
beautiful, necessary and endangered! International Vulture Awareness Day, 5th
- 09/02/2015 - Help spread
awareness on vultures – share your vulture pictures with National Geographic!
- 08/27/2015 - News on the two captive bred Egyptian vultures released last week in
- 08/25/2015 - Two captive
bred Egyptian vultures released in Italy
- 08/22/2015 - The first baby Griffon Vulture born in the Balkan Mountains for almost a
century baptized as Michel – a deserved celebration of one of VCF´s mentors
- 08/19/2015 - Vultures in West and Central Africa threatened by trade for bushmeat and
- 08/17/2015 - Egyptian Vultures found breeding in Niger
- 08/16/2015 - New paper
discusses supplementary feeding programs for European vultures, and makes recommendations
for the management of vulture feeding sites
- 08/13/2015 - New paper
published on risks of anti-parasitic veterinary products to bearded vultures
- 08/12/2015 - At least six black vultures found dead near waste
treatment plant in central Spain
- 08/11/2015 - Fly Esperanza
- 08/10/2015 - Bearded vultures in Corsica and in Crete – an update
- 08/08/2015 - Call for volunteers for the 2015
Alpine summering griffon vulture census – 22 August 2015
- 08/03/2015 - Another Egyptian vulture
poisoned in Greece
- 08/02/2015 - New paper published on
feather moult in bearded vultures
- 08/01/2015 - The bearded vulture in the French Pyrenees in 2014
- 07/31/2015 - Griffon with tongue protruding from the neck observed
- 07/30/2015 - The first
wild bearded vulture chick to be born in southern Spain in the last 30 years
already has a name: Esperanza (Hope)
- 07/29/2015 - Tizón is spending its first summer in Mauritania
- 07/25/2015 - Bearded vulture seen
in Corfu- rare observation of this species in the Balkan Peninsula, where it is
- 07/23/2015 - And it makes 15! Last young bearded vulture of the year to
be released tomorrow in Andalucía
- 07/22/2015 - Name the first wild
bearded vulture chick to be born in southern Spain in the last 30 years!
- 07/21/2015 - Proposed status changes for six species of African vulture
- 07/19/2015 - Poison and lead are the main cause of
vulture deaths in the French Pyrenees
- 07/18/2015 - The view from the other VCF office
- 07/17/2015 - First black
vulture chick hatched in the wild in southern Portugal for more than 40 years
ringed and tagged
- 07/16/2015 - Captive breeding in
the Egyptian vulture – a relevant conservation tool for future reintroduction
or restocking projects?
- 07/15/2015 - Declaration from the workshop to develop a flyway
action plan for the Egyptian vulture populations in the Balkans, Turkey, Central Asia & the Caucasus published
- 07/14/2015 - Restoring the bearded
vulture across Europe – another great season! Most of the released young have
- 07/13/2015 - First bearded vulture to be born in the wild in
Andalusia in the 21st century marked with GPS and rings
- 07/10/2015 - Planning towards
safeguarding Egyptian vultures across the eastern Flyway (Balkans, Turkey &
Central Asia, Middle East and Africa)
- 07/03/2015 - New success in captive breeding of the endangered Canary Islands
Egyptian vulture (Guirre)
- 06/29/2015 - Schils
is back at home – or how bearded vultures promote excellent international
- 06/26/2015 - And it is born! Black vulture chick hatches in
Southern Portugal, the first such occurrence for more than 40 years in the
- 06/23/2015 - Bearded
vultures released in Alpi Marittime got GPS tags – and a visit by an old gentleman!
- 06/23/2015 - Six griffon vultures released back to nature
- 06/22/2015 - Fourteen released, one to go! One young bearded vulture released
this weekend in Andalusia
- 06/20/2015 - A
scatter of bearded vultures in northern Europe!
- 06/19/2015 - New study published
yesterday shows that African vultures are declining at a critical rate, and
heading towards extinction
- 06/14/2015 - The
problem of poisoning in the Balkans and its impact on vulture conservation debated
at a workshop
- 06/10/2015 - Vultures
INDEED return! First successful breeding of griffon vulture in the Central
Balkan Mountains for more than 70 years!
- 06/08/2015 - The bearded vulture greets the cyclists in the Critérium du
- 06/04/2015 - Four more young bearded vultures will be released this weekend –
two in Andalucía and two in the Italian Alps
- 05/30/2015 - Three young bearded vultures will be released tomorrow in the
- 05/28/2015 - The status of the griffon vulture (Gyps
fulvus) in Italy in 2014: population further increased to 135 breeding
- 05/26/2015 - Two young bearded vultures will be released Thursday in the Hohe
Tauern National Park (Austria)
- 05/20/2015 - Release of bearded vultures in Cazorla a huge success!
- 05/17/2015 - Two young bearded vultures will be
released tomorrow in the Grands Causses
- 05/16/2015 - Unique footage of the first wild bearded vulture in
Andalusia for more than 30 years – today two more young were released in the
reintroduction project there
- 05/15/2015 - Two bearded vultures will be released tomorrow in Andalucía
- 05/14/2015 - Young bearded vulture
still in Northwest Germany
- 05/13/2015 - Restoration of the bearded vulture in Europe – this year’s
releases will start soon!
- 05/10/2015 - The silent killer strikes again – this time in Portugal and with a big
- 05/09/2015 - Bearded
vulture breeding season in the Alps - an update
- 05/08/2015 - Young bearded vulture first seen in Holland continuing its journey through Europe – now in northern Germany
- 05/06/2015 - Tizón & western Mali – a love affair
- 05/05/2015 - Young bearded vulture observed in the Netherlands!
- 05/03/2015 - Not quite the royal baby, but cute
nonetheless - Baby griffon born in Israel from Cretan vultures
- 04/28/2015 - The VCF boards met at
Parc des Oiseaux
- 04/22/2015 - Two permanently wounded griffons travel from Portugal to France for captive
- 04/20/2015 - African vulture seen in Switzerland!
- 04/18/2015 - And in the end, there is the sacred bearded vulture!
- 04/16/2015 - One adult bearded vulture found dead in the French
Alps – and another one shot at (and seriously wounded) in the French Pyrenees
- 04/14/2015 - Noel-Leya is flying again - the young bearded vulture was re-released successfuly in the Swiss Alps
- 04/13/2015 - Eurasian black vultures from Spain arrived well in
Verdon & Baronnies (France) and are already in the acclimatisation aviaries
- 04/11/2015 - Vulture conservation in action! VCF is transporting
this weekend black vultures from Spain to France
- 04/09/2015 - From Vallcalent
to Ostrava Zoo, via Vienna – the adventures of a bearded vulture chick in
the bearded vulture reintroduction project
- 04/08/2015 - Bearded vulture chick hatches in Cazorla – another milestone in this
fantastic project to restore the species in Andalucia
- 04/07/2015 - Eurasian black vultures nesting again in southern
Portugal after an absence of 40 years
- 04/03/2015 - Famous Egyptian vulture Igdir found dead in Ethiopia after
flying 60,000 km in three years
- 04/02/2015 - 14
gipeti e 66 aquile reali: un
resoconto del 22 censimento del Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio
- 04/02/2015 - 22nd census of the Stelvio
14 bearded vultures & 66
golden eagles counted
- 04/01/2015 - 25 and counting – 2015 could be the best
season ever in the bearded vulture captive breeding network!
- 03/25/2015 - Injured wild
bearded vulture recovered successfully at the Vallcalent rehabilitation center
- 03/21/2015 - Egyptian vultures that have wintered in Extremadura
still in the region
- 03/19/2015 - News from the bearded
vulture captive breeding network
- 03/17/2015 - Tizón is still in western Mali
- 03/14/2015 - The silent killer
strikes again – this time in Israel. Four griffon and two black vultures found
poisoned in a rare case in the country
- 03/13/2015 - Captive breeding of Egyptian vultures – results from 2014
- 03/12/2015 - Another chick born
in the bearded vulture captive breeding network –and with it days of intensive
- 03/10/2015 - Prominent Serbian vulture researcher launches today book about griffon
- 03/09/2015 - Another mass
poisoning of vultures in Asia – at least 20 Himalayan griffon vultures dead in India
- 03/07/2015 - Egyptian vultures still hanging on in Cape Verde! VCF, CIBIO and
University of Cape Verde started a survey of the rare species in the
- 03/05/2015 - Italian experts
and conservation managers discussed the pros and cons of feeding stations for
scavenger bird species
- 02/27/2015 - Come and meet the VCF at
this weekend´s FIO (International Birdwatching Fair) (Monfrague, Spain)
- 02/25/2015 - VCF and
Junta de Extremadura start a new project to monitor a unique wintering
population of Egyptian Vulture in Iberia
- 02/24/2015 - The miracle of LIFE in
the bearded vulture captive breeding network
- 02/22/2015 - Breeding season 2015 – and another chick
hatched in Tierpark Goldau
- 02/18/2015 - GYPAS project: 12 more griffon vultures
released last week to restock the endangered population in Cyprus
- 02/17/2015 - Hatching bearded vultures - busy times at the captive
- 02/14/2015 - Breaking news – the pair of bearded vultures that has built a nest in
Cazorla (Andalucia) has now laid eggs!
- 02/12/2015 - On Kirma and commitment to a cause – how intensive
care and a lot of expertise rehabilitated a severely injured bearded vulture back
- 02/11/2015 - End of an
era - one of the most prolific bearded vultures in our captive breeding network
died on the same day his last chick hatched.
- 02/09/2015 - Bearded Vulture monitoring report for the French Alps - Life GypHelp
- 02/05/2015 - The VCF and prominent Spanish scientists alert to a new threat to Iberian
vultures – the proposal to eliminate all
by-products of hunted wild ungulates
- 02/04/2015 - Vultures die of old age too – female bearded vulture left us
at age 49!
- 02/02/2015 - Tizón and Mali - a love affair
- 01/30/2015 - The Junta de Andalusia gives 13 Eurasian Black
Vultures for the reintroduction projects and the captivity-breeding programme
- 01/27/2015 - The silent killer
strikes again – at least 5 cinereous vultures (Aegypius monachus) and 3 griffon vultures (Gyps fulvus) poisoned in eastern Turkey
- 01/26/2015 - New study on the diet of
the Egyptian vulture in the Balkans suggests that breeding productivity is not
related to food
- 01/23/2015 - The mystery
of the orange colour in bearded vultures. What benefits
do birds get from bathing in iron oxid-rich mud?
- 01/21/2015 - Tizón is back to western Mali
- 01/20/2015 - New papers on bearded vulture home ranges in the
Pyrenees and Southern Africa
- 01/18/2015 - Good news from Algeria – bearded vultures
seem to hang on in the country!
- 01/15/2015 - Taking care of precious eggs – the next generation of wild bearded
- 01/14/2015 - Annual
simultaneous survey of griffon vultures in Cyprus: 15 birds counted
- 01/08/2015 - VCF´s new advisory service to the bearded
vulture captive breeding network produces first results – several aviaries have
been significantly improved!
- 01/02/2015 - Happy New Year Tizón!
- 12/25/2014 - Bearded
vulture makes Xmas appearance in Madrid
- 12/23/2014 - Tizón is spending Xmas in Senegal!
- 12/22/2014 - Father Xmas brought some great presents –
fist eggs laid in the bearded vulture captive breeding network!
- 12/20/2014 - Record year for black vultures in Mallorca – 25 pairs and 16 young
fledged. Species has recovered from almost extinction in the early 80s
- 12/18/2014 - EMA says veterinary diclofenac does pose a risk to European
vultures, and suggests a number of solutions, including a ban of the drug –
- 12/09/2014 - Have you ever seen a pig flying? Or a griffon with a
- 12/07/2014 - Egyptian vulture
tagged in Eastern Turkey overwinters in Kenya
- 12/05/2014 - Scientific community suggest that weak environmental assessments of
veterinary drugs undermine regulations and can cause a vulture ecological disaster
- 12/03/2014 - Burkina Faso? No thanks – let me go back to my preferred
spot in Mali – or the incredible voyage of Tizón, the young Egyptian vulture
- 12/01/2014 - On vultures, rotting food, and nasty germs - new
research on the bacteria living on vultures
- 11/28/2014 - 34 griffon vultures are on their way from Extremadura (Spain)
to Bulgaria, to be released in the Stara Planina Mountains
- 11/25/2014 - Vultures need you – please write
to your MEPs about veterinary diclofenac
- 11/24/2014 - Tizón does a left turn – he is now on the border with
- 11/19/2014 - New paper makes recommendations regarding the management of vulture
feeding stations to benefit endangered species
- 11/18/2014 - Vultures (and other things!) galore at
Turkey feeding station
- 11/16/2014 - One step closer to ban vet diclofenac in the EU – CMS makes landmark political decision on the matter and recommends its prohibition
- 11/14/2014 - Tizón moves further south – he is now close to Bamako
- 11/12/2014 - Breaking news – Pair of bearded vultures build nest in Cazorla, 30 years
after the last nesting in the wild
- 11/10/2014 - Record year in the
bearded vulture alpine reintroduction project: 31 territories and 19 young
fledged in the wild, the highest ever
- 11/01/2014 - Tizón has been enjoying Mali
- 10/30/2014 - Bearded vulture captive breeding network - busy times preparing the next breeding season! Prague Zoo has just received a new adult pair
- 10/29/2014 - New paper highlights the importance of Afar region in Ethiopia for wintering Egyptian vultures
- 10/27/2014 - Thank you to all volunteers that have joined us in the International Bearded Vulture Observation Days!
- 10/23/2014 - The Middle-East – a sink for vultures
- 10/22/2014 - Nature´s editorial: Europe must act to stop livestock drugs from wiping out its vulture populations
- 10/20/2014 - Significant contributions to document the impact of the trade in vulture parts for traditional medicine in Africa published
- 10/18/2014 - Project buseu - how vultures are helping recover an abandoned village
- 10/17/2014 - NATURE reports on diclofenac, other veterinary drugs and vultures
- 10/15/2014 - New study shows that African bearded vulture populations have reduced genetic variability and have little interpopulation variability
- 10/15/2014 - Ouf – still alive! Tizón the Egyptian vulture is already in Mali!
- 10/13/2014 - VCF and Generalitat of Catalonia sign important agreement for the conservation of Bearded Vultures
- 10/11/2014 - New paper published with first reported case of a griffon vulture being killed by a veterinary drug in Spain
- 10/08/2014 - VCF submits reasoned opinion for the public consultation on veterinary diclofenac
- 10/07/2014 - Veterinary diclofenac in Europe – we know what it did to India´s vultures & there is an alternative – so WHY?
- 10/05/2014 - Vultures in Europe – a future foretold?
- 10/04/2014 - Tizón, the young Egyptian vulture released in Extremadura, is already in Southern Morocco
- 10/03/2014 - The Alps International Bearded Vulture Observation Days are coming - join us & 600 other volunteers on 10-19 October!
- 10/02/2014 - Great year for bearded vultures in Crete – five young from five breeding pairs!
- 09/30/2014 - Young Egyptian vulture released last week in Extremadura is already in central Morocco
- 09/25/2014 - Young Egyptian Vulture found injured released with a tag in Extremadura (Spain)
- 09/24/2014 - The International Bearded Vulture Observation Days are coming: 10-19 October. Join us!
- 09/20/2014 - Significant breakthrough in the battle to ban veterinary diclofenac – Europe announces a Public Consultation.
- 09/17/2014 - New review article on the effects of lead on wildlife published. Lead poisoning is a significant threat to vultures – VCF is working on the matter
- 09/16/2014 - Misterious vulture from southern Spain is after all a Rueppell´s
- 09/15/2014 - Helping hand from the other side of the Atlantic - vulture fans from Georgia (US) fundraise for the Vulture Conservation Foundation
- 09/10/2014 - The VCF has promoted vulture conservation across Europe during the International Vulture Awareness Day
- 09/08/2014 - Good news on the International Vulture Awareness Day: Junta de Extremadura reveals that the black vulture population has increased
- 09/04/2014 - Two captive-bred black vultures will be released this weekend in France – when the world celebrates International Vulture Awareness Day
- 09/03/2014 - African white-backed vulture seen in Portugal
- 09/02/2014 - New LIFE project on bearded vulture in the French Alps will be launched on the International Vulture Awareness Day
- 09/01/2014 - International Vulture Awareness Day is this weekend. Let´s all celebrate vultures!
- 08/25/2014 - Poison – the silent killer. Unseen, undetected and underreported, poison is nevertheless here, as some figures recently released in Spain show
- 08/23/2014 - One more Egyptian vulture found poisoned in France
- 08/21/2014 - Bearded vulture and hydropower in the Swiss Alps - a good vote!
- 08/19/2014 - Vet diclofenac in Europe- While the EU Commission drags its feet; the issue remains very much alive in the minds of Europeans.
- 08/18/2014 - Breeding population of Griffon Vulture Gyps fulvus in Serbia slowly increasing
- 08/14/2014 - Five Rueppell´s vultures observed together in Portugal
- 08/12/2014 - Three new bearded vulture pairs in the French Pyrenees!
- 08/11/2014 - Bearded vulture shot in France – sad reminder that direct persecution is still very much a threat in some parts of Europe
- 08/06/2014 - Now online: information and guidelines about the european black vulture captive breeding network (EEP)
- 08/02/2014 - VCF film on the bearded vulture reintroduction project in the Alps now in Italian, Spanish and French
- 07/26/2014 - Bearded vulture reintroduction projects in Europe: 9 young released this year in 4 sites in Austria, Switzerland, France and Spain
- 07/24/2014 - Bearded vulture uplisted from Least Concern to Near Threatened at global level in the 2014 IUCN bird red list update
- 07/20/2014 - Corsica: Juvenile bearded vulture tagged successfully for the second consecutive year
- 07/19/2014 - VCF new poster – griffon vulture reintroduction in the Balkans
- 07/18/2014 - Vultures & diclofenac in today´s Tages Anzeiger (in German)
- 07/17/2014 - Bearded vultures in Stelvio National Park and the Ötztal Alps (Italy)
- 07/16/2014 - IUCN Director-General adds her voice to the VCF campaign to ban veterinary diclofenac
- 07/15/2014 - Egyptian vulture – decline in the Balkans continuing
- 07/15/2014 - Two more Egyptian vultures tagged in Eastern Turkey in a VCF-supported project
- 07/13/2014 - Well known vulture and raptor traders imprisoned
- 07/07/2014 - Casseur d´os – twenty years old and going strong
- 07/04/2014 - Schils and Noel-Leya are getting independent
- 07/02/2014 - New significant breeding nucleus of Egyptian Vultures found in Turkey
- 06/30/2014 - Thousands of French farmers, livestock breeders and hunters protest in the Pyrenees against the rewilding of the mountains
- 06/29/2014 - Tagged Egyptian vulture killed for the traditional medicine trade in West Africa
- 06/28/2014 - New paper published on the spatial ecology of the endangered Egyptian vulture in Spain
- 06/27/2014 - New improved guidelines for captive breeding of bearded vultures have just been published by the VCF
- 06/25/2014 - And here we go to a new life – bearded vultures released in the Grands Causses fledged!
- 06/22/2014 - Indian vulture conservationist makes emotive plea to FATRO - please stop manufacturing diclofenac!
- 06/15/2014 - Two more Egyptian vultures tagged in Eastern Turkey in a VCF supported project
- 06/10/2014 - The Wildlife Conservation Society, the Society for Conservation Biology & the British Veterinary Zoological Society all alert to the dangers of diclofenac
- 06/04/2014 - Three new papers published recently on bearded vultures worldwide - New data confirms worrying declines in Southern Africa and the Himalayas
- 06/03/2014 - One more massive vulture poisoning incident reported from Africa: 92 vultures died in Botswana
- 06/02/2014 - Bringing the bearded vulture back to the Andalusian mountains: Three young were released last Saturday in Cazorla
- 05/30/2014 - Bringing the bearded vulture back to the Alps - two young have been released yesterday in the Calfeisental (Switzerland)
- 05/29/2014 - Diclofenac threat to vultures featured in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- 05/28/2014 - African Raptors Newsletter #4
- 05/27/2014 - New evidence published today shows that veterinary diclofenac kills eagles too
- 05/26/2014 - Two young bearded vultures have been released last Friday in Hohe Tauern National Park (Austria)
- 05/25/2014 - New VCF film on the bearded vulture reintroduction project in the Alps
- 05/20/2014 - Two young bearded vultures have been released today in the Grands Causses
- 05/20/2014 - Breeding season in the bearded vulture captive breeding network finished – results mixed, but releases into the wild about to star
- 05/17/2014 - Bearded vulture pair in Vanoise National Park fails to breed because of human disturbance
- 05/15/2014 - The UK Veterinary Medicines Directorate issues an important warning on veterinary diclofenac
- 05/14/2014 - Listen to an interview with the VCF on diclofenac on Radio New Zealand
- 05/10/2014 - 120 black vultures at the feeding station in Turkey
- 05/08/2014 - Bearded Vultures seen in Extremadura (Western Spain)
- 05/07/2014 - African vultures & poison - dramatic biodiversity crisis with as yet uncharted human health consequences
- 04/28/2014 - New film: Commissioner Borg, please ban veterinary diclofenac!
- 04/24/2014 - Three adopted bearded vulture chicks growing well in Austria – see the video
- 04/21/2014 - VCF is supporting Turkey´s only regularly functioning vulture feeding station
- 04/17/2014 - Diclofenac in Europe – the battle rages on!
- 04/15/2014 - Junta de Andalucia and VCF organise workshop on the African vultures poison crisis
- 04/07/2014 - Breaking News: Research suggests that Egyptian vultures may also be susceptible to Diclofenac
- 04/04/2014 - VCF participates in a training course on police and forensic investigation of poising incidents in nature
- 04/01/2014 - VCF reviews the last year and plans more exciting vulture conservation work